PDA

View Full Version : Ebates and how to remember

TwinsItIs
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
What do you do to remember to go through Ebates when you make purchases? I just placed a 280 order a few days ago and realized now that I forgot to go through Ebates. Blargh!

mykidsmom2
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
before making any online purchase to see which site has the best rebate. I am a member of maybe 3-4 of them. I guess my mind is always programmed to save money and I like to see just how much I can save with coupons and/or rebates! Of course, the more I save, the more I spend!

Paula
DS 11/02
DS 03/05

TwinsItIs
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
My mind is also programmed that way and I'm always into finding coupons. But for some odd reason, I forget this. Which other sites like that are worth it? I'd love to know.

shoxie
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I always check this site: http://www.evreward.com

It lists most discount websites - not everything, but it is a great resource that I found out about from this board. You search by store.

HallsofVA
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Once I've decided to purchase something, then I'll always open up another window to first check evreward for cash back savings, and perhaps to search for coupon codes if I don't find anything there that interests me.

My trouble now is remembering who I am expecting cash back from, and how much. Though I still haven't worked out a final plan, my plan is to print a copy of each order to a PDF file and put who I went through and what percent into the file name along with the company and date so I can reconcile them. So for target, the file name might look like "Ebates-3-target-2009-03-21.pdf" or something like that.

wellyes
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Before I buy ANYTHING online, I check http://www.retailmenot.com for coupon codes. I've found coupons even for little cloth diapering sites on there. Even services -- I just got 50% off a year of Beautypedia.com.

If there is a coupon, great!
If there is no coupon, I always check eBates next.

From what I understand, eBates only gives you the cash back if you do NOT use a coupon.

TwinsItIs
03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
My issue is REMEMBERING to check Ebates.

wellyes
03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Make eBates your homepage :)!

TwinsItIs
03-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Make eBates your homepage :)!

ooooh, awesome idea. Anything to save a few bucks, eh?