PDA

View Full Version : Dear new pediatrician in the practice...

Radosti
03-23-2009, 09:35 PM
My son has an ear infection, even if you are too incompetent to see it. But thank you for trying to send us for a chest x-ray. Good thing I'm not an incompetent mother, I asked a seasoned doctor to take a look at him as a second opinion this morning. But thanks anyway... glad to have wasted my sunday night getting your useless opinion.

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
My ped was very supportive of our decision to wait until Monday to bring ds in when we suspected an ear infection Friday night. He said that those urgi care places and even the top notch Children's Hospital might miss an ear infection b/c unless you are looking in little ears all the time they are easy to overlook. He didn't seem to have much confidence in other Dr.s about these. I'm glad you got a 2nd opinion! That poor parent that doesn't know any better! Yeesh!

Hope he feels better!!

Beth

niccig
03-23-2009, 11:39 PM
My ped was very supportive of our decision to wait until Monday to bring ds in when we suspected an ear infection Friday night. He said that those urgi care places and even the top notch Children's Hospital might miss an ear infection b/c unless you are looking in little ears all the time they are easy to overlook. He didn't seem to have much confidence in other Dr.s about these. I'm glad you got a 2nd opinion! That poor parent that doesn't know any better! Yeesh!

Hope he feels better!!

Beth

This happened to us too. DS had an awful cough and we were worried about ear infection as flying the next day. He said maybe and we had to get a prescription filled, we were out of state and had issues with pharmacy and our insurance, even though I go to Walgreens here in CA. We get home and go to out Dr., no ear infection at all....our ped. said the same thing, many docs aren't used to looking in little ears.

gatorsmom
03-24-2009, 01:03 AM
... glad to have wasted my sunday night getting your useless opinion. ... and having to pay for it.

MamaMolly
03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
In spite of what the Night Nurse at DDs pediatrician tells me to do I now avoid the Urgent Care like the plague since the pediatrician there told me that 1) I was lucky to have come there because he was an 'expert' in child medicine and then proceeded to 2) diagnose a food allergy reaction ( a face full of hives, bright red weepy puff closed eye) as *pink eye* ~like THAT develops in a matter of seconds and goes away with the administration of Benedryl. News to me!!!!~ and 3) told me that he'd never heard of a milk allergy, he was sure it was the blueberries DD had eaten.

Um, how exactly does diagnosis #2 and comment #3 jive??? Idiot.

I had to pay for this, AND the pediatricians visit a few hours later. GGGGRRRRRR.

I'm proud of you for listening to your instincts. This weekend DD had a fever and her finger tips were blue-ish. DH usually pooh-poos my concerns but this time he encouraged me to call the pediatrician. Good thing we did because he diagnosed a mild case of PNEUMONIA and we caught it early. Yay for you and for DH!!!! Mama Bear/Papa Bear instincts ROCK!!

DrSally
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
YEah, sometimes I wonder how helpful urgent cares are for little ones. One nice thing is if your peds office has early Sat morning hours. That can be very helpful. Glad you listened to your instincts OP and Molly!