PDA

View Full Version : Nanny Tax

TonFirst
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty organized when it comes to out taxes - I keep a spreadsheet of what we pay our sitters, and I take care of the Nanny Tax for any sitters who earned more than $1600. This year, it's only one sitter, and I have an EIN and all that, but OH MY LORD.

IRS, take note. If you want more than 500,000 of the 2.5 million people who should pay the Nanny Tax to actually *pay* their Nanny Tax, try streamlining the process. It's a safe bet that most of the people dealing with this tax are, like me, FT or PT mothers who have enough on their plates as it is. Streamline the process! I have better things to do at 12:30 AM than deal with your complicated @ss.

Melbel
03-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I completely agree and have had the same discussion with friends on numerous occasions. Between the state and federal requirements for even part time sitters or other household workers, it is no wonder that more people do not pay their taxes. If it was a task that we had to perform more frequently, then there would not be such a steep learning curve. I also believe that if the tax burden was lower, then more people would pay nanny taxes.