PDA

View Full Version : Baby GIRL keeps peeing on DH

GoBlue
03-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi all-

I know that boys are notorious for spraying mom and dad at diaper changes, but my 2wk old DD has gotten DH 4 or 5 times in the past 24 hours. She's only gotten me once, so I don't know if this is just luck or if he's doing something that makes her go (accidentally getting butt cream too close to the urethra, maybe?). Anyone have any ideas to alleviate the problem, or do you think he's just got bad luck in diaper-land?

Thanks!

misshollygolightly
03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Lol! Sorry, I don't have any help (only have a son), but I couldn't help chuckling at your post. I think maybe DH just has some bad luck--but don't let him use that as an excuse to get out of diaper duty! The only thing I can think of to suggest is to open the diaper slowly and expose the diaper area to cool air before actually removing the diaper. This is what they suggest you do for little boys, actually, but maybe it would help for you too. With boys, they say that the cool air sometimes triggers their pee reflex or whatever...maybe the same is happening for your little girl?

KBecks
03-24-2009, 08:26 AM
bad luck. pee happens

jenny
03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Yea, it's just bad luck.

When DD was a few weeks old, she peed on DH, and she was pooping at the same time, so the poop shot out and hit DH in the chest. He was completely shocked b/c he wasn't expecting it from a girl. hehe. This happened a couple of times. We soon learned, not to change DD on our bed, where she has direct aim at us.

Our pediatrician's office told us babies especially pee when it's cold, so perhaps that's why he gets hit when he's changing your DD's diaper?

LMPC
03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
LOL -- DH got peed on a lot when DD was that age, too. I got squirted a couple of times, but soon developed a system of 1)slowly opening dirty diaper, 2) kind of holding it up in front while I wiped, and then 3) sliding the clean diaper under the old one...while removing the old one quickly...and chanting "one, two, switcheroo!" Sounds complicated, huh :ROTFLMAO:
When my "system" didn't work, I just resorted to telling myself "it's just baby pee" (or "poo," as was the case a few times!).