PDA

View Full Version : I hate my backup car

mommylamb
03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
On Sunday, I did my best to try to install my radian 65 car seat forward facing in my Plymouth Neon. Couldn't do it. This is not surprising because I'm not a handy person and am very intimidated by the whole car seat installation thing (yes, I know many of you will think I'm nuts, but I really find it difficult to do). So today I took it to a certified car seat inspector to fix, and even she couldn't do it. The car is pre-latch with funny shaped seat belts. So now, I have to switch it with the marathon I have in our primary car, which the car seat inspector tells me should install in the Neon and the radian should install in my Hyundai (which is newer and has latch).

I wish we could afford a new car right now... I took the day off from work so I could get this done... the only good thing about the Neon is that we don't have any car payments on it. DH takes public transportation, so it rarely gets driven, but we need it so that if I'm stuck in traffic, DH can go pick DS up from daycare and it's stressing me out that until we switch the seats I have to be able to pick him up because DH can't get him. Hope there's no traffic this week... by the way, I live in Washington DC, so fat chance!

niccig
03-24-2009, 05:59 PM
On Sunday, I did my best to try to install my radian 65 car seat forward facing in my Plymouth Neon. Couldn't do it. This is not surprising because I'm not a handy person and am very intimidated by the whole car seat installation thing (yes, I know many of you will think I'm nuts, but I really find it difficult to do). So today I took it to a certified car seat inspector to fix, and even she couldn't do it. The car is pre-latch with funny shaped seat belts. So now, I have to switch it with the marathon I have in our primary car, which the car seat inspector tells me should install in the Neon and the radian should install in my Hyundai (which is newer and has latch).

I wish we could afford a new car right now... I took the day off from work so I could get this done... the only good thing about the Neon is that we don't have any car payments on it. DH takes public transportation, so it rarely gets driven, but we need it so that if I'm stuck in traffic, DH can go pick DS up from daycare and it's stressing me out that until we switch the seats I have to be able to pick him up because DH can't get him. Hope there's no traffic this week... by the way, I live in Washington DC, so fat chance!

THe Radian can be tricky. But try posting over at car-seat.org Many of the regular posters have experience with the Radian. I remember something about pulling bottom of seat an inch or two forward of the seat bight. I don't have the seat, so I can't say for sure. If you can't get it in, then can you and DH swap CARS until you can swap the seat?? Or can you leave the Marathon at the school, so whoever gets there, can put it in their car. That is annoying, but just until you get the seats swapped around. Or if DH is always home in time to go get DS, keep the Hyundai with the MA at home this week and drive the neon to work. It means DH will HAVE to go get him. It's only a few days until the weekend..
Hope you can work something out.