PDA

View Full Version : Xplory?

marge234
03-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Some non-kid having friends want to go in on a Stokke Xplory for me--the height, reversible, full recline, made in Norway, and the way it looks are all factors. This is a very generous gift and I'm of course very appreciative. But I've seen some negative reviews, am wondering about the wheels. I'm also a little embarassed about the conspicuous consumption--tho to be honest that I am pretty sure I'll get over that. Should I suggest an alternative?

AnnieW625
03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
That's very nice of them, however it could just be me, but the stroller does nothing for me. It doesn't seem like a good functioning stroller to me. I'd suggest the UppaBaby Vista which is a few hundred cheaper. I have a 2007 and love it. I was looking at used Bugaboos when I found the Vista on Craigslist which I like better. You do have to remove the seat to make it forward facing, but it's pretty easy to do. The bassinet is really nice too. I have also heard wonderful things about the Mountain Buggy Urban Single, however it's not reversable, but there is a bassinet available for it. That stroller is made in New Zealand.

Also FWIW, my Stokke tripp trapp chair was made in Croatia, not Norway. I didn't care either way, but I hate for your friends to be set on the Xplory only to find out it may not have been made in Norway.

UppaBaby, http://www.uppababy.com/

Bella's Mommy
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
My girlfriend has one and isn't in love with it. If you want something really unique and trendy check out the Orbit Baby System. Everyone who has it LOVES it. And then there is the Bugaboo Cameleon...you can accessorize with custom covers and really go crazy with it. I had someone make a cover set for my Bugaboo that matches my DD's nursery, so there are lots of ways to get yourself a "unique" stroller. Good luck!

MamaBear
03-24-2009, 08:21 PM
One of my friends has one and loves it - but also bought a Quest for travel, etc.

I have a Cameleon, and am delighted with it. When I checked out the Xplory, I didn't like how plasticky it feels. I also don't like the split leg area, and that the seat can't fully recline.

I really did like the adjustable height, and there are times I wish we'd had that - usually when we're in a crowded area, and especially when there are smokers about. (Pedestrians who are smoking usually carry their cigarettes right around the level of my son's face when he's in his Bug.)