PDA

View Full Version : So tired of being SO tired!

LarsMal
03-25-2009, 03:33 PM
That pretty much sums it up! I am so tired of waking up tired. I just want to wake up one morning feeling refreshed and energized. :sleep: I'm even jealous of this sleeping smilie!

Oh well, maybe in another year or two. :(

justincase
03-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Two wks ago my OB got tired of seeing me so sick and tired and gave me an rx for a small number of Ambien. I am usually pretty anti-meds while pg but she convinced me ("I took it myself while pg", "you are doing your baby no good being so exhausted", "at this stage of the pg you are past the worry for stuff like that" etc.) and told me just don't take one every night in a row. I have to say this is a miracle drug and is the only reason I am still functional at all! Just a thought as your due date approaches. GL! :)

LarsMal
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Two wks ago my OB got tired of seeing me so sick and tired and gave me an rx for a small number of Ambien. I am usually pretty anti-meds while pg but she convinced me ("I took it myself while pg", "you are doing your baby no good being so exhausted", "at this stage of the pg you are past the worry for stuff like that" etc.) and told me just don't take one every night in a row. I have to say this is a miracle drug and is the only reason I am still functional at all! Just a thought as your due date approaches. GL! :)

Mine gave me an rx for Ambien when I was pg with DD. It was so expensive that I only had the pharmacist fill it for seven pills. I mentioned it at a family function and my aunt told me it had a very strange effect on my uncle- sleep walking, fell down the stairs, etc. That freaked me out so I never took them. My OB hasn't offered them this time around- I think b/c she knows I'm on my own most nights.

She told me to take Benedryl so I can get some sleep, but still be able to wake up if I need to. Problem is that I already take 1 Claritin and 1/2 Singulair daily so I feel horrible taking even more meds. I might have to substitute the Benedryl for Singulair soon if it will help me sleep better- at least maybe this weekend when DH is home.

niccig
03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Mine gave me an rx for Ambien when I was pg with DD. It was so expensive that I only had the pharmacist fill it for seven pills. I mentioned it at a family function and my aunt told me it had a very strange effect on my uncle- sleep walking, fell down the stairs, etc. That freaked me out so I never took them.

This happens to me and DH. Both of us have had a prescription and we would be fully awake and talking to family members but have no recollection the next day. We found that 1/2 a pill, I can't remember the dose, was enough for sleep but not enough that we would be awake but not awake...

LarsMal
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
This happens to me and DH. Both of us have had a prescription and we would be fully awake and talking to family members but have no recollection the next day.

My uncle did this, too!