PDA

View Full Version : BJCE and Techno XLR - good choices???

mollyrryan
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
At this point, we have decided on a Baby Jogger City Elite and a Maclaren Techno XLR because we cannot find one stroller that meets all our needs.
We chose the BJCE because it is good for long walks, seems comfortable for long walks, is easy to folder, seems versatile, and is sturdy. However, it is not compatible with the Chicco KeyFit carseat that we have chosen (at least not safely).
We chose the Techno XLR because it is lightweight, is an umbrella stroller that may be used from birth thru 65lbs, has the height we need for my husband (he is 6'3"), and is compatible with the Chicco KeyFit.
Are these good choices? Will these strollers cover all likely needs for one child? Please let me know your thoughts . . .

SarahNC
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I just posted my review on the new BJCE. It is a really nice stroller. We have a chicco keyfit too and honestly I LOVED my baby trend snap 'n go when DD was little. I do think an umbrella is needed and I am very happy with our Volo.

maybaby2009
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I temporarily have the XLR ('08) and I really don't think it fits well with the Keyfit. The keyfit doesn't have a slot for the bar to fall into and this makes the adapter a little useless. I think the stroller sits a bit oddly on the XLR

strollerqueen
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
You don't need to use the car seat with the Techno. Just recline it flat, and lay your baby in it directly.

purpelina
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
BJCE and Mac Techno are both excellent full featured strollers. They also both recline flat ebough to put a newborn directly in there without a car seat. Listen to Strollerqueen :)

I have a BJCity Classic, and had a Mac techno XLR, and I did put my newborn DD in both of them, and she loved it. If you have any concerns that the seat is too big, just add a snuzzler / body support, but my DD was absolutely fine even without them at a tender age of 3 days old :)

Now, these two strollers are both full featured (I know, I said that already), so I'm not sure you need both of them at the same time. That's why I sold my XLR, even though I loved it and my DD loved it. Baby jogger will suit your needs very well, and have more to offer (it's a truly all terrain sroller, that also works well on the snow covered bumpy streets, unlike Mac). And when/if you need something of lesser weight, XLR is just a bit too much of a stroller, so you might find yourself on the market again, looking for yet another stroller.
Just a couple of thoughts. Of course I don't know all your reasons for choosing these two, and XLR might be a great choice if you are going to bring the baby to Grandma's for example, so she would need a full featured stroller, but wouldn't want to deal with the Baby jogger...
All in all, both are wonderfull strollers, just forget the car seat thing and put your baby in the stroller without it! Besides, baby jogger is compatible with a wonderfull bassinet, if you want to go this route. It's kind of pricey, when you add up stroller, another stroller and bassinet, but very good for your baby.

WatchingThemGrow
03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I think the way Purpelina explained it makes sense. Two full-featured strollers seems redundant, unless the XLR is just that much taller/easier for your DH. We love our Triumph, which is good from 3 mos on and very lightweight. If he can comfortably push that on occasion, I think it would be ample in addition to the BJCE.

jamesoja
03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
to the OP, we are going to go nearly the same route as yourself. We have a MB, and are looking to add a Techno XLR. Yes, we would have 2 full featured strollers, however one is much more portable then the other. Our intentions is to use the car seat adaptor with the XLR for quick trips and convenience. In order to have the adaptor bar on the MB, you must remove the whole seat which is not convenient for us, as we will lay DD flat in the MB. We do spend lots of time outdoors and at this time feel that these 2 strollers will meet our needs best. Only time will tell.

Maybe we are just as crazy as you, best of luck and get what works best for YOU!