PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella type stroller for Chicco keyfit??

kotzally
03-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a Keyfit 30 & would like a lightweight stroller to fit it on. I know the Maclaren Easy Traveler is said to work with these carseats, but then once I'm done with the infant carrier I'm stuck with a stroller that is useless!

Does combi, maclaren, chicco or any other company make an affordable stroller that can accompany a Chicco carseat?

What about the Chicco C1- it says it fits a keyfit infant carrier but does that mean the keyfit 30?

Perhaps the Chicco Trevi would be the best option! Any experience with this stroller?

AnnieW625
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I think if you get the Maclaren Techno XLR it accomodates a Chicco infant seat. Definitely check out the Maclaren USA website.

SarahNC
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Baby Trend Snap 'n Go. That's what I did.

GraceH
03-27-2009, 12:33 AM
I have the Graco Mosaic (the Graco approximation of the Trevi) and love this style of stroller (glorified, seat-taking umbrella) -- I believe they are heavier than the Mac XLR, but not as tippy & have parent cupholder... for my budget, it was worth it to buy one affordable stroller that has all the features I need
Specific to the Trevi - there is a concerning point presented on YouTube about the stroller's fold causing the tray to unlock - making the carseat unstable (there don't seem to be secondary latches for the seatbelt slots?) - so if you do go Trevi, you need to check the tray before placing the car seat (although I would think this wise with any stroller)

jamesoja
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
I think if you get the Maclaren Techno XLR it accomodates a Chicco infant seat. Definitely check out the Maclaren USA website.

Here is the response I received from Mac a few months back when I sent them the question...

Thank you for your e-mail

Please see below the list of car seats compatible with the USA Techno
XLR.

Britax Companion
Graco Snug Ride-Safe Seat
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

I apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope this may be of help.

Kind regards.

Rob Markham
Customer services Co-ordinator
Maclaren Europe Limited
Station Works, Long Buckby, Northamptonshire NN6 7PF
Tel: +44(0)1327 841320
Fax: +44(0)1327 841395

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 29 December 2008 05:59
To: infomui
Subject: infant seat compatibility with Chicco KeyFit?

Greetings,

I am very interested in purchasing a Techno XLR. I would like to know
if the Techno XLR is compatible with the Chicco KeyFit?

AnnieW625
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks it was Combi, not Chicco. Bummer if you ask me. Per the website now it takes Combi Tyro, Combi Center, Combi Connection, Cosco Designer 22, Evenflo Discovery, and Costco Eddie Bauer, plus what jamesoja posted above.

justincase
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
What about the Chicco C1- it says it fits a keyfit infant carrier but does that mean the keyfit 30?

Perhaps the Chicco Trevi would be the best option! Any experience with this stroller?

I was *very* happy with my C1 (or as they are now calling it Ct0.1) for DS, both with the Keyfit and then afterwards on its own. I don't know about the newer Keyfit 30 but I would think Chicco would be happy to advise you on that or someone here will surely know. It might not be "umbrella-y" enough for you if you are looking for something really light-weight -- it was my "big walks" stroller, not my easily-throw-into-the-car-umbrella. The Trevi looks lighter, although I have only seen it once IRL.

lorinick
03-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks it was Combi, not Chicco. Bummer if you ask me. Per the website now it takes Combi Tyro, Combi Center, Combi Connection, Cosco Designer 22, Evenflo Discovery, and Costco Eddie Bauer, plus what jamesoja posted above.

The Combi will not work with the Chicco infant seats.

lorinick
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
The Trevi is great choice lighter than the C1 not as light as some other light weights on the market. But a nice stroller and there has been some good deals on them.