PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a babyjogger warranty claim?

Melaine
03-26-2009, 06:12 PM
We had a piece on the frame of our BJCSD break off (apparently; all I know is the brake no longer works and it makes a sputtering sound when I push it). I just emailed them with pictures including all our info and the receipt as requested. What are they going to do? I'm curious if I will be stuck without a stroller for awhile or if they will send me a new one or what and how long it will take? Just curious if anyone has BTDT....we have had it for only 1 year and it has not had heavy use so I am rather disappointed.

pinay
03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I bought an ATS in 2007 and had a problem with the brakes on it after less than a year of regular use. I called Baby Jogger and explained the problem, they ended up sending out a replacement stroller and paid for us to ship the defective one back to them. Needless to say, I was thrilled with the customer service and we haven't had any problems with our stroller since.

purpelina
03-27-2009, 03:00 AM
We had a piece on the frame of our BJCSD break off (apparently; all I know is the brake no longer works and it makes a sputtering sound when I push it). I just emailed them with pictures including all our info and the receipt as requested. What are they going to do? I'm curious if I will be stuck without a stroller for awhile or if they will send me a new one or what and how long it will take? Just curious if anyone has BTDT....we have had it for only 1 year and it has not had heavy use so I am rather disappointed.

Sorry to hear that happened :( Well, Baby jogger is usually a stroller of a good quality, but occasional dud might slip in. I had a small problem when I first took my BJ for a stroll: the underseat basket was torn during my walk, and I didn't even load it up! I called custy service, and they sent me aa new basket within couple of days. Never had a problem with the new one, and I am loading it to capacity!

Just a quick piece of advice: sometimes when you call BJ line is busy, and you are asked to leave a message. Better don't. Nobody called me after two messages I left them. And it made me quite frustrated!
But once you get through to talk to a real person, it all gets sorted out quickly. Be prepared to give info about your stroller, i.e. the number that is located on the frame of the stroller. So if you keep it in the garage and reception is not very good there, take the stroller out, or write down the number before you call.

Good luck!

Melbel
03-27-2009, 06:26 AM
I experienced outstanding customer service when a buckle on our BJCM broke. They sent the replacement via express mail and paid for return shipment of the broken part. Hopefully, you will experience the same great service!

WatchingThemGrow
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep, I've had the same type of experiences as the PP. The front wheel assembly on our BJCED was making a rubbing noise and they shipped out a new frame, told me how to replace the fabric, then arranged for a frame pickup in the same box. Same thing for a handlebar issue.

ITA about the "write down the serial no. and mfr. date" purpelina suggested.

Melaine
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Glad to know this is likely to have a good outcome, thanks guys. I sent the email with all the required info, including pictures, today so hopefully will hear back soon.

salsah
03-27-2009, 12:16 PM
i have been dealing with bj cs for the last 6 months (since i bought my bjcmd). i bought it new and right out of the box, i had issues with my stroller. they sent me several new frames,but the issue is still not resolved. the woman i have been talking with was much more prompt at first. lately she has been slower and sometimes doesn't get my messages so i have to keep calling her. last time i spoke to her (on monday) she said that they have are going thru some restructuring and that is why she has been slow getting back to me. although i love their strollers, i have been hearing too many stories about quality issues lately. i am hesitant to consider another bj product. i'm also ready to give up on my bjcmd. i love it but i'm sick of dealing with this problem.

hopefully you will have a better experience.

MCsMom
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
We have a BJCM currently with a the carseat adapter.
I was having problems getting my Snugride to attach properly, called them up, got a very helpful lady, (I think her name was Angela) and she tried to explain how to do it right. I still wasn't getting it so we exchanged pictures via email. Solved!
Recently, the male half of the buckle holding the carseat to the adapter broke. Called again, got someone else, she asked for a copy of my receipt which we faxed, my info etc. I was about to check up on that issue when I got a whole new adapter in the mail a few days ago.
Needless to say, I am very pleased with this company and their products.

Melaine
03-29-2009, 10:29 AM
They will be shipping me a new frame this week. They have been very prompt returning my emails so I think they will fix the issue, which is a relief! Sorry salsah, that is very frustrating to be having those issues!!! Hopefully they will resolve the problem soon...