PDA

View Full Version : I wet my pants today...

MamaMolly
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
And it wasn't even while sneezing or laughing! I dropped DD off at daycare and had to pee like I was going to D.I.E. :38: Barely made it to the adult restroom and actually peed a little in my britches!!

I was MORTIFIED. I had to go to work/class with a teensie wet spot.

My beloved darling DH slipped me a handful of cash and sent me to Target to buy clean pants and drawers. And I picked up a pack of Poise pads.

I feel like i've given up on the whole bladder control thing by buying those damn pads. I'm so humiliated to even need them.

And I've done kegels until I think I could shoot a ping-pong ball out my woo-woo at 35 mph. Maybe it is a bladder infection? Feels like one, (urgency, painful peeing when I haven't had about a gallon of water to drink) but I took antibiotics for one in January. Would it not go away? Wrong kind of meds? Sigh............

Melaine
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
UTIs can sometimes survive the antibiotics (or reappear). I went through a looooong stretch when I had them almost constantly and it really could be related to that. Maybe get one of those over the counter tests to see? Sorry you're dealing with it, but I wouldn't stock up on Poise yet!

infomama
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Go back to the doc for another urinalysis. I agree with pp...one course of antibiotics sometimes doesn't do the trick.

AngelaS
03-26-2009, 11:10 PM
And I've done kegels until I think I could shoot a ping-pong ball out my woo-woo at 35 mph.

I'm sorry about your troubles, but that line... Oh man. Thank God I wasn't drinking! ROTFLMHO!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-27-2009, 12:19 AM
you would make me laugh like that when I've got a sleeping baby laying on my chest :hysterical:. I'd say go to the doc, if it's burning or painful to pee there's something wrong with your plumbing girlie.

Momof3Labs
03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
If it isn't a UTI, check with your OB/GYN. There are things that can happen structurally after childbirth that can affect your ability to hold your bladder. My PT does a lot of this kind of work on women.

WatchingThemGrow
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
No medical advice, but I've so BTDT, while pg - EACH time I'm pg. The best was in the middle of Lowe's and just because I was laughing at DH and didn't realize I needed start going early and often.

Snow mom
03-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree that you probably still have a UTI. Cranberry juice often helps (drink it in large quantitities), and is less embarrassing to buy. Hope you feel better soon.

Melaine
03-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Vitamin C and garlic (IIRC) also help with urinary issues. I was taking so many herbs at that point for so many different issues, I could be confused. If you do a one-day cranberry juice flush it should really help if it is a UTI. Make sure that you do get it taken care of, unaddressed urinary issues can cause serious kidney damage....hope you get some relief, I know it is SO miserable to deal with.

DrSally
03-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Yikes. I guess it's part of that package of having kids. Maybe go in and see if the bladder infection is clear? BTW, I've never seen that particular smiley,but it was perfect for the post :)