PDA

View Full Version : While on Disney vacation, have you done Universal Studios too?

Corie
03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
While at WDW in December, my husband wants to take a day to
go to Universal Studios.

Have you ever done this? How easy/hard is it to get to Universal
Studios from an on-site Disney hotel?

We would not have a rental car.

I keep thinking it would be a royal PITA.

Thanks for your help!

egoldber
03-27-2009, 06:55 AM
With no rental car, you'd have to take a taxi from a WDW hotel.

We've never been to Universal, but we've been to Seaworld a couple times.

Momof3Labs
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
There used to be a Mears bus that you could arrange to pick you up at your WDW hotel to get you to Universal and back, but that's another $20 per person or whatever. We did it once many years ago and were really disappointed in Universal compared to WDW (this was before IOA).

It might be cheaper to rent a car for just one day from the Dolphin or the WDW Car Care Center.

Either way, it's a pretty expensive proposition vs. just adding one more day to your WDW park tickets, which might be enough to convince your DH to drop this idea, lol!

DietCokeLover
03-27-2009, 03:07 PM
You could call a local cab company to ask them the cost between locations. I'm sure they've done the trip many many times and could tell you the cost. That way you can make a decision based on all the info.

I think we are planning to do Universal while we are there too, but we will have our van with us.

LD92599
04-12-2009, 11:06 PM
We sort of did this a few years ago but we stayed in Universal a few days onsite, so we took Mears from our WDW resort over to Universal and I do recall it being very inexpensive, but it was just DH & myself, pre-DS.

Price it out, since there's 4 of you it should be alot cheaper to rent a car for the day considering you need round trip fares for 4 back and forth.

Laura