PDA

View Full Version : Kettler owners, used Q

Nooknookmom
03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I found a gently used Kettler air happy navigator w/ the pushbar for $100 on CL. Assuming it is in good shape is this a good deal? Is it a good model? I know there are several models & this one has alot of bells & whistles-locking steereing, real wheel drive, etc. Do I need all of that or would DD be just as happy on a basic model Kettler?

Anything I should look for, damage wise on the used one? TIA

elliput
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Here is chart which shows the different Kettler Trike Models. http://www.maukilo.com/kettrikecomparison.html

The Air Navigator and Air Happy are actually two different models. They are considered the top of the line with retail about $200 to $250, so $100 for either in EUC would be a good deal.

Check to make sure the tires aren't excessively worn, and if it is a navigator model check the rear axle for rust.

Nooknookmom
03-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok, thank you. I will check it out & see how DD likes it :)

crimscrem
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I found a gently used Kettler air happy navigator w/ the pushbar for $100 on CL. Assuming it is in good shape is this a good deal? Is it a good model? I know there are several models & this one has alot of bells & whistles-locking steereing, real wheel drive, etc. Do I need all of that or would DD be just as happy on a basic model Kettler?

Anything I should look for, damage wise on the used one? TIA

I researched the heck out of these over the past week. The main differences are that the air happy navigator has air filled tires, which help provide a smoother ride, especially over rougher surfaces. The negative is that it may be harder for the child to pedal. The regular happy navigator has molded rubber tires and an adjustable seat that can move one inch in either direction (so total of two inches). those are the main differences. they are very sturdy and heavy.

bltman
03-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Here is chart which shows the different Kettler Trike Models. http://www.maukilo.com/kettrikecomparison.html

Cool chart. Not to take this thread off topic, but the Oceana does have a Parental Lock Mechanism.

Nooknookmom
03-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, I wondered about the air tires and pedaling. I actually looked at the Oceana too and liked it. Now I am confused. I don't want to get something off CL that I cannot return if there is an issue with it.

Decisions, I hate making them!