PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen Fireproof?

Melaine
03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
We borrowed it last night (DH refused to watch bc it was an amateur movie and he isn't into those). I was just drawn in and actually crying at the end of the movie (I'm not a movie cry-er). I just thought it was beautifully done and the acting was, to me, quite realistic although clearly not professional. I just wanted to encourage you guys to see it if you haven't, it was well worth it. I just loved it!

JBaxter
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Our church showed it :). Its a good movie

specialp
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
We watched it and thought it was a good movie with a good message, but the acting was lack luster (and yes, I know they weren't professionals, but still a little difficult at times for me to look over).

DietCokeLover
03-27-2009, 02:29 PM
DH and I watched it about a month ago. I thought the storyline of the movie was very good and powerful. I know it is an amateur movie, but I like to try to support movies that have a positive and clean message for families. I'm tired of putting my money into trash.

We bought the book, Ugh... what is the name? Love Dare? I've got mommy brain, but anyway, we haven't done it yet.

infomama
03-27-2009, 03:11 PM
We really liked it. We also have the Love Dare book and it is a wonderful tool.

aa2mama
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Well I would have enjoyed it, but I foolishly begged my husband to watch it with me, and he made fun of it the entire time. So neither one of us ended up enjoying it. Everyone at my MOPS table loved it, though.

AuGoldie
03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Both DH and I loved it. We try and support these movies although they make it difficult with the poor acting. But this one was really wonderful! DH even went out and bougth The Love Dare as a surprise... although it's taking him a lot longer than 1 a day to finish it. Gives me the idea to start it myself on him... hmmmm
Jackie

swrc00
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Is this the movie that the Duggars saw at the Christian Film Festival? Kirk Cameron was in it. It seems really interesting. Apparently Kirk Cameron actually kisses his own wife in the movie instead of the actress who portrays his wife because of his beliefs about being intimate with another woman. I think I am going to watch it now that I have seen so many positive reviews.

Melaine
03-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Apparently Kirk Cameron actually kisses his own wife in the movie instead of the actress who portrays his wife because of his beliefs about being intimate with another woman.

Wow, I just looked it up and you are right, according to this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26851749/
I'm even more impressed now...that's fantastic!

crayonblue
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes! Considering that a church in Georgia made this movie and this was only their third movie ever, I think they did a pretty darn good job! They also made FlyWheel and Facing the Giants.

Dave and I went and as we were leaving I thought to myself that I don't know that I have ever left a movie feeling so uplifted.

MamaKath
03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Apparently Kirk Cameron actually kisses his own wife in the movie instead of the actress who portrays his wife because of his beliefs about being intimate with another woman.

You can tell because she is shorter than the actress that plays Katherine.

I enjoyed the movie and dh did also. We actually watched it separately. It has given us a renewed appreciation of each other. In dh's words it was "life changing." :love5: Yes the acting is amateur at times, but the message is worth it.

WatchingThemGrow
04-04-2009, 04:27 PM
We picked it up and hope to watch it with my mom and step-dad while we're at their house. Thanks for the recommendations. I think it will be a better way to spend our time than the last movie we saw while we were visiting them - The Simpsons...

pastrygirl
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I just watched it last night and was a little surprised at the kissing scene (knowing what I know about him), but now it makes sense. :)

I loved the marriage message, but the Christianity message really hit home with me, too, especially with Good Friday coming this week. My husband thought it was hokey, but he doesn't really have any beliefs. Maybe it was hokey, but I appreciated hearing the message. It's a good reminder.

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Guess what...we came across it on my mom's Movies On Demand channel! So...the copy I bought is going back to the store.

We did watch it last night, and thought it was really good. You NEVER see movies like that - where someone really persists and has a successful, happy ending. DH, StepDad and I all liked it. Mom was a little defensive about parts, but she needed to hear/see it.

Check your pay-per-view service to see if you have it!

pastrygirl
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
That's how we got it -- through Tivo/Amazon Unbox. It was 2.99 for the rental. :)