PDA

View Full Version : Nordstom's Makeup Brand e.l.f. -- everything $1 - not a real deal

Nechums
03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Received this email today. Seems like everything is $1.

> The link below takes you to the ELF Nordstroms make up and
> > yes, everyt hing is $1.
> > Nordstrom is changing the logo on their makeup, so
> > they're selling
> > everything for $1!!!
> > The make-up line e.l.f.(eyes-lips-face) has been bought out
> > by
> > Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name
> > on it. They are getting
> > rid of the entire make up in ELF packaging. They are
> > selling everything for
> > $1. You do have to pay shipping. They have everything -
> > powder, mascara, lipstick,
> > a mineral line (100% natural), brushes & cases, nail
> > polish, lotions, you
> > name it -it's there. The website is :
> > http://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asp
> > When you check out there is a space for a coupon code. Use
> > CAROLINA
> > and save an additional 50% if your order is over $15.00.

CiderLogan
03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Check snopes.com - this is a real company, but it actually has no affiliation with Nordstrom and these emails aren't true. These are just their regular prices. It may be decent makeup anyway; I have no idea!

Nechums
03-27-2009, 01:56 PM
whoops! wish i would have seen your comment before spending $20 on makeup!

too bad

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-27-2009, 01:58 PM
This seems to go around every few months... I hate fake e-mails! I cannot understand why anyone does this! Sorry OP, you aren't the only one that has bought ELF because of this e-mail.

Nechums
03-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm going to see if I can cancel my order. I was always so proud of myself that I never fell for these scams. A friend sent the email and she's in advertising, so I figured it was legit.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm going to see if I can cancel my order. I was always so proud of myself that I never fell for these scams. A friend sent the email and she's in advertising, so I figured it was legit.

This scam is easy to fall for, especially for bargain loving gals. Don't feel bad, lesson learned!:)

gordo
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I have ordered from them before. It is their normal price and the makeup isn't bad for only$1. If you do order don't forget Ebates for 4% back and there is a magazine rebate offer for $9.99.

Nechums
03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
i successfully canceled my order! i know the company is legit, but i dont want to buy from a company that needs to lure in customers with an awful scam.

Ceepa
03-27-2009, 02:22 PM
e.l.f. is real and the make-up is cheap (price and quality), but it's not partnered with Nordstrom.

DietCokeLover
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I fell for this a few months ago. Worst make up I have ever purchased in my life! the eye shadow is rock hard, the mascara flakes and the nail polish is so thin you'd need a whole bottle to get decent coverage. So sad that I fell for that one.

ohiomom1121
03-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I almost fell for that one a few months back. My mom did, and wasn't impressed with the makeup (although she said the brush wasn't bad for $1!) Fortunately she never got spam emails or had any issues from ordering from them.

satchnbucky
03-29-2009, 06:31 AM
This is actually not a scam, and some of their makeup is decent (the mineral eye shadow and lip gloss are good products). Their brushes are actually quite good, especially for $1. They are not affiliated with Nordstrom or any other department store.

eac
03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
The makeup is $1.00 and it's honestly decent! I bought a bunch - had a free shipping coupon (CAROLINA - not sure if it's still valid). You can't even buy Wet and Wild for $1.00 anymore. It was great to stock up on makeup applicators, eyeshadows, lip gloss, etc. no, it's not department store material, but I totally thought it was great (as long as you get free shipping).

clc053103
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
I thought it was awful- I even bucked up for the mineral makeup and it was pretty terrible. the lip glosses were ok, but that's about it. But there was like nothing in the tube, ran out quickly.