PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Vera Bradley fan?

calv
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM
If so, what are your favorite bags? and do you use it for the kids? Just for you? Talk to me ;)

I'm eyeing the backpack smile but sine it's Large, not sure if it's going to be too big for my small frame. HELP!

AnnieW625
03-27-2009, 03:49 PM
right now I just have a foldable makeup bag that I got in 2002 as a gift and I really like it. I also have a few coin purses to put my lipstick in . My mom recently got this bag and likes it:
Daisy Daisy Betsy tote
http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?colorid=7&sku=151%3a7

My mom has probably had around 10 VB Bags (most of them were the tote style or the barrell style) since they first became popular in the early 80s (when I was a kid, and she was my age!) and she really likes them. She's usually a one bag person though so I think she'd end up with a new one every other year.

The backpack looks like a nice size esp. for a bag for someone with two kids, but I wonder how heavy it is when it's full so I'd definitely try it out in person first. And FWIW, the only style I really like now is the Daisy Daisy.

newg
03-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh I am a huge vera bradley fan!! My mom used to work at the store crabtree and got 40% off....and that was before it became such a big thing.....she got me the diaper bag; which I love love love and a matching over-the-shoulder bag....I have way too many to mention.......I have the smaller backpack, which doesn't hold much more than a few diapers and some travel wipes, along with my stuff......one thing I love about it is that you can just throw the bags in the wash!
I ended up buying a small duffle for dd (50% off) for when we travel to IL's house because I can throw it in the wash if it gets yucky.

Sorry for rambling on!! Check ebay too....you can get some good deals on past patterns...and their website too!!

calv
03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
thanks ladies! i can't decide on a pattern! having a huge sale now. check it out!!

bubbaray
03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I love VB. I have the regular-sized BP and its fine for me. I'm 5'9" and a size 8/10. I think the large BP would be quite large and possibly too heavy for me when fully packed.

GL!

jacksmomtobe
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
I have used VB bags for my diaper bag for a few years now. I've found them great to use. Based on my experience I would stay away from anything too big because then it ends up being bulky and you find way too many things to put in there that you just don't need to be carrying around. I like their medium size bags with pockets, etc to keep things organized. Definitely get a zipper top though. My bag gets fairly filled up with stuff and having a zipper to keep everything in is key. My bag has 2 outer pockets on the front which are great for keys, cellphone things you need to get your hands on quickly. I also like their bags with inner pockets since that helps keep things somewhat organized inside. My current bag also has a large zipper pocket on the back and another one on the inside. The outer one is great for a diaper and small diaper pad and I used the inner one to keep anything really important. I thought I may want a change for my next bag but did see the Raspberry Fizz pattern which looks really cute!

hellokitty
03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
My favorite bag is my cargo sling, BUT it is being discontinued. {sniff}, but planning on using mine as my diaper bag when baby #3 arrives, I love to sling it across my body and LOVE that it is just one strap, not two. I have their older style small bkpk and love that when I need a, "smaller" diaper bag. I really wanted their big bkpk, but couldn't get over the fact that the straps are unpadded and when I tried it on empty, I thought the straps hurt, so can't imagine how uncomfy it would be if it was full of stuff and have those straps digging in. If they padded the straps I would have gotten one with no hesitation, but I'm not spending that kind of $ on a bkpk w/o padded straps, that's crazy.

I wanted an older style baby bag, although the two strap thing kind of turns me off, but it looks like they sold out. The newer style reminds me of their bowler, which I have and do not like... it's not practical when you have little kids, you need two hands to open and close it. Anyway, I like VB, but not really digging any of the new patterns that have come out, they are garishly bright this time and look too old ladyish. I'm hoping their autumn patterns are nicer.

infomama
03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
My favorite bag is my cargo sling, BUT it is being discontinued. {sniff}, but planning on using mine as my diaper bag when baby #3 arrives, I love to sling it across my body and LOVE that it is just one strap, not two.
Many of those are on sale for $35 through the VB website. These would be cute for summer
http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=10327&
http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=10327&

LD92599
03-29-2009, 11:25 AM
I have several from small to large. i have both backpacks, one is good for a purse and one is for when we're out all day/weekend or traveling. I love the hipsters the best and like that the newer hipster is just a little larger than the previous one. I just got one of the new styles in the new hope pattern for spring but i haven't taken the tags off yet.

Love that they are light weight, cheap enough to swap out here and there and washable.

Laura

wellyes
03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I have to be the voice of dissent, it still astounds me that anyone under the age of 70 and not in the cast of the Golden Girls would carry around a Vera Bradley purse. LOL.

Not trying to be insulting, I certainly have my own accessories that I love that others think are butt-ugly. But I do think this is one of those fads that years from now our kids will laugh at us for.

clc053103
03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I have to be the voice of dissent, it still astounds me that anyone under the age of 70 and not in the cast of the Golden Girls would carry around a Vera Bradley purse. LOL.

Not trying to be insulting, I certainly have my own accessories that I love that others think are butt-ugly. But I do think this is one of those fads that years from now our kids will laugh at us for.

You are not alone! I get a kick out of the fact that high school kids use them!

However, I do love the accessories for travel- the large duffel, round cosmetic case, the wristlet I attach for medication, even the garment bag. But as a purse? No, totally not my style!

babybunny
03-29-2009, 12:33 PM
http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Company/OutletSale.aspx

There is going to be a Vera Bradley Spring Outlet Sale in Fort Wayne, Indiana in late April, Early May.

Melaine
03-29-2009, 12:41 PM
The purses are not my favorites, but I do love the larger bags for traveling and toting stuff. I like the diaper bag pretty well, but I think many people (esp. with only 1 DC) would find it too big. (this is the older baby bag though, the new one is probably different.) My favorite is the large duffle, which I think has been retired (maybe). The one with two little handles and a long strap, that is my favorite bag to travel with. Price and size wise, I think the large bags are a great bargain.

Nope, the one that is my favorite is the Satchel and it is retired.

hellokitty
03-29-2009, 01:05 PM

I used to think they were fugly, but feel in love with a few patterns. However, there are a lot of patterns that I just don't like. The ones that came out this past spring, I do not like any of them, some of them DO look really granny-like to me. One thing I really like about VB is that they are so light. I guess I'm tired of using purses that weigh a bit, even before you put anything into it and I think that coach purses are so generic now, I have no clue why ppl still buy them, not to mention the quality and CS just isn't what it used to be.

mommylamb
03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I have two, but they are the plain black ones, not the bright patterned bags. I like the understated ones best (though the patterned bags are pretty too). I have the tote bag and an overnight type bag.