PDA

View Full Version : Step 2 Naturally Playful Playhouse? Used?

Canna
03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Someone is selling this playhouse on my Craigslist and I'm considering it for my 4 y.o. and 1 y.o. If you have this house, have you been happy with it? Also, what do you think would be reasonable to pay for something like this on Craigslist? The person is asking $200 (the house is used, doesn't say how old, but it doesn't look super-pristine in the photos). Thanks for any info!

Canna
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, I just realized my previous post wasn't at all clear. It's the Storybook playhouse specifically.

Like this:

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1378

fivi2
03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
What does it sell for new? How quickly do they go in your area? If you watch CL for a while, you will get an idea of what a good price is. You can also see what they go for on ebay. I do remember thinking that one was cute when I was looking, but I don't know if that is a good price or not!

C99
03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I got a Little Tykes playhouse for free on freecycle, so I probably wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used playhouse.

Melaine
03-27-2009, 10:23 PM
That house is adorable, and I love the roof.
I gotta say that price seems a little high to me. If I really wanted it badly and it was in super great shape, I'd probably pay $100. We got this playhouse
http://www.orangeonions.com/product/744300?meta=FRG&utm_source=GBASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
for $30 new (it was on clearance).
Then again, if this is the exact house you want, then that may be the best price you can find, and it might totally be worth it. Most people will go down on their posted price on CL.

veronica
03-28-2009, 07:42 AM
If it really is in pristine condition (to me that means never been outside, no fading and looks like it was just assembled) then I would pay the $200, but only if it was indoor kept.

Otherwise, I would ask how long they have had it (some people have these things a few months before deciding they don't want it or need the money) and that might be worth it.

If you learn that it is 3 year old, etc and has been outside subjected to weather (causing fade and stickers may fall off, etc. ) , then $150 max.

I wouldn't buy new though-it's a nice feeling to get this stuff used and know it is being recylcled. We have the a huge little tikes playground and a separate swingset/climber for the kids and paid $150 each, still less than retail for one of them combined!

I actually bought the Dora Playhouse by little tikes at my Marshalls last year for $150, New in Box......you might get lucky that way.

Canna
03-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Just an update:

I looked on ebay and the same house in similar condition sold recently (as a local pick-up item) for $150. I offered the seller $150 for her house and she countered that for $175, they'd also deliver the house. We said okay. (The price for this house new on the Step 2 Website is $419). The price is probably on the high side for a used house, but it was a house style that I particularly liked, and the time was also just right for us (wanted that house and wanted it now). I do see houses on our Craigslist pretty often but they are usually much older, brightly colored, less cute ones. This one has fading on the stickers but the sellers included new stickers and a new phone that they recently ordered.

Thought you all might be interested to hear how it all turned out.

MNmomtobe
03-29-2009, 02:13 PM
We have this playhouse for our DD. We purchased it last year when DD just turned 2. She loves it! I also looked on craigslist for this playhouse and they were going for $150-200 used. I ended up getting it new at a local BRU (they were clearancing out the old style) for $299. It is taller than most playhouses so even your 4 y.o. would get a lot of use out of it. I loved the style too. :) The neutral colors look nice in the backyard.

veronica
03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Just an update:

I looked on ebay and the same house in similar condition sold recently (as a local pick-up item) for $150. I offered the seller $150 for her house and she countered that for $175, they'd also deliver the house. We said okay. (The price for this house new on the Step 2 Website is $419). The price is probably on the high side for a used house, but it was a house style that I particularly liked, and the time was also just right for us (wanted that house and wanted it now). I do see houses on our Craigslist pretty often but they are usually much older, brightly colored, less cute ones. This one has fading on the stickers but the sellers included new stickers and a new phone that they recently ordered.

Thought you all might be interested to hear how it all turned out.

I totally still think this is a great deal (can't beat the "free delivery") and knowing that the owners went out of their way to get new stickers and phone would show me, as a buyer, that they really cared for the house! Good job-enjoy and remember that you will likely fetch at least $125 when you are ready to let it go!