PDA

View Full Version : Buy stroller for travel and sell or rent stroller...x posted in Disney

firsttimemommy
03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
We almost NEVER use strollers anymore (boo hoo!) but we're going to WDW at the end of April and I know I will need something for that. (DD is 6 - 43" and 40 lbs - and DS will be 5 - 40" and 40 lbs- when we go).

I have an MBUD, but am so NOT bringing that monster for airline travel. I'm frankly sick of that thing anyway (I hate putting it in the car) so it's going up for local sale as soon as I can get around to it. But I digress...

So, I am trying to decide between buying an Inglesina or Mac Twin Triumph ($199) and just checking it on the plane (or gate checking?) and then selling it when I return. There is a small chance I might keep it, esp if I sell the MBUD, as we live near 2 major theme parks, but we don't go very often.

My other option is renting from orlandostrollerrentals.com for $100 for the week. No lugging the stroller with me during travelling - yay! I'm not worried about a stroller for the airport since my kids are older and will hold onto my bag or my hand. We also got lucky and got NONSTOP flights, so no changing planes - double yay!

What would you do?