PDA

View Full Version : Does the BJ Summit Have the Same Push/Maneuverability As The Bob Rev

Kindra178
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I am the biggest Bob Rev fan out there. I just got a double and I love it even more. My single has the 16 inch wheels, my double 12 inch. Both push equally well. It's a pleasure to take walks and maneuver through boutiques and tight places, even with my double.

My sister is due this summer. She is an avid exerciser (more walking than running but power walks every day, almost regardless of the weather) and has a big dog. I want her to get the Bob Rev but she wants to put her newborn directly in it, which I know she can't. We don't want the baby in the carseat for long walks all the time. So here's the dilemma, IMO, the BJCS does not have the push/maneuverability as the Bob, although it has some awesome features. Does the Summit have the same one finger push as the Bob?

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Don't know, but she can order it to pick up at REI w/no shipping charges and with the 20% member coupon through tomorrow. Kinda quick turnaround, but she can leave it there and return it if she doesn't like it.

Is the Summit recline enough for a newborn? Since it is a new model, I don't have experience with it. Have her call BJ and ask.

Looks like they just updated the look of their website. I know they've been slowly updating the info on each page, but I don't know about the recline of that model.

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
oop - found the Summit recline answer. says that it does recline to a near flat position,which would be the same near-flat position we put our tiny DS into with a Snuzzler.

Quick, get her to order it and tell us about it while she can get it on sale!

ETA: LOL - Can you find Tori Spelling on facebook and ask her opinion? Here she is with a Summit 360 double http://babyjogger.com/celebrity_customers.aspx

Kindra178
03-28-2009, 03:50 PM
The problem for us is the ten point two five percent tax in Chicago - that reduces the REI price to only ten percent off - since we have until July, I think we will wait until she can try out the Summit. Thanks for finding that information.

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2009, 04:01 PM
The problem for us is the ten point two five percent tax in Chicago - that reduces the REI price to only ten percent off - since we have until July, I think we will wait until she can try out the Summit. Thanks for finding that information.
ewww... if you do go that route, remember to use ebates for another 3%

Kindra178
03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I think she is going to get the city mini for her car - she can put the newborn in that for 8 weeks directly (I think?) and then use the Bob.