PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp questions

Melaine
03-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Our first TT came :boogie:

How can I safely take off the stickers on the back and side? Is it ok to use goo gone or something? I am terrified to hurt it!

The extender gliders look kind of silly. Do I need to put those on? I don't think I understand the purpose of them.

I'm so excited! I think it's actually a GOOD thing that we got one at a time because it is such a novelty the girls were fighting over it. When the second one comes they will be thrilled and WANT to sit in them. And I love the cherry, it looks great in our kitchen!

ahrimie
03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Our first TT came :boogie:

How can I safely take off the stickers on the back and side? Is it ok to use goo gone or something? I am terrified to hurt it!

The extender gliders look kind of silly. Do I need to put those on? I don't think I understand the purpose of them.

I'm so excited! I think it's actually a GOOD thing that we got one at a time because it is such a novelty the girls were fighting over it. When the second one comes they will be thrilled and WANT to sit in them. And I love the cherry, it looks great in our kitchen!

LOL, are we supposed to take the stickers off? I didn't :P

And what are the extender gliders? *confused*

Melaine
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, the sticker on the back of mine is HUGE like the entire top rung of the chair (I wonder if this is just with the newer ones). And when I got it it was all knicked up, so it looks awful. This is what I am talking about with the extender gliders....
http://www.stokke-highchair.com/en-us/tripp-trapp-highchair/accessories/tripp-trapp-extended-glider.aspx

Melaine
03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh, and if you click here and the interactive demo, then click SPIN....you can see the huge sticker on the back of the chair...am I supposed to leave that? I definitely don't want to mess it up but I'd like to remove it!
http://cache.vendaria.com/vpop/VpopV6.html?ct=13&ctname=&fw=700&fh=500&logo=413&fv=10&ap=vnd_stokke_tripp_trapp&fl=uqmJFFfiiVfaFUgbUgbMMijMFbiMckbcVVic_other_EN00 3505000700.swf&purl=MAIN_stokke_tripp_trapp&iid=kkvIdkQMifjiVijjUcVbMkQfeMFfeUgbgkfg&bg=FFFFFF&nm=BZOpener&curl=&err=0&title=Vendaria%20Media&tp=

ahrimie
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
My label is that big too... I left mine. It never occurred to me to take it off! Has anyone else done that?

And mine doesn't have the glider extenders... maybe it's with the new ones.

MontrealMum
03-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Our label is very small and on the side. I left it on. DS hasn't noticed it yet so it's still there. I'm thinking the gliders are new? Ours doesn't have them and looks exactly like the pic you linked that is w/o them so I think you're find leaving them off if you want. Congrats on receiving it and getting a good deal :)

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2009, 10:41 PM
At least one of mine has a label that big. Maybe all 3 do, but I'm too tired to go look. As far as the extender gliders...well, DD did do a strong KICK at the table during a fit and tipped it back. Scared the cr*p out of me. I'm lucky she was okay, but I can't imagine being buckled into a chair and hitting the ground in it.

mom2224
03-29-2009, 06:14 AM
The label on ours was small on the side. I took what I could off and then used goo gone to get the residue. No problems here with goo gone.

One of the first things I do to a new car is take off the dealer stickers. I feel like I've given them enough $$, they can't use me as free advertising. :)

Looking at the links you gave, I'd be taking the sticker off- it's huge! And if ours had the extender things I'd use them. DS has had a couple kicks off the table, like PP, where he could have tipped over if we hadn't caught him.

Melaine
03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys. I have to take the sticker off because either during shipping or because it was an "open box" the sticker is pretty beaten up (hopefully the wood is ok underneath). Sounds like we will use the extenders, too. I read someone else said it's ok to use goo gone so I think I will try that.

nellonello
03-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Melanie - Let us know how it goes with goo gone. Our TT is still in it's box but I will definitely want the sticker removed when we start to use it.

Melaine
03-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Will do.....wonder where I put that little bottle of goo?

AnnieW625
03-29-2009, 01:59 PM
The first thing I thought of was can I take the sticker off? Mine takes off the whole back of the top rail. Please let us know what works!

Melaine
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Ugh this is going to take awhile. Goo Gone does seem to help but this is the WORST sticker.

Melaine
03-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Just so you guys know, if you look at Stokke.com, you can find directions on sanding and repainting your tripp trapp. It includes each step, down to the very last, which is to re-affix the warning label....:ROTFLMAO:

Melaine
03-29-2009, 02:28 PM
And....the label is gone. Along with 20 minutes of my life. But I do suggest you use Goo Gone and the chair seems fine. I can't imagine anyone leaving that huge thing on there.