PDA

View Full Version : Feeling totally overwhelmed....will it get any better?

arivecchi
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Ok, I need a reality check here. I feel like I am losing my mind between my now moody toddler, my sleepless 2 month old (wakes every 2 hours still) and all of the other concerns I have right now - huge mortgage, plunging 401K, layoffs at work, moody DH. Will life be this hard from now on? I never thought that life with children would be this hard. Don't get me wrong, I love the rewards, but it does feel like life gets more complicated by the day and there is no end in sight.

KrisM
03-28-2009, 03:25 PM
For me, it goes in waves. There are times like now for you that it's really tough and then it gets much better for a while. Then, it gets more challenging again.

You will get through it. Soon, everyone will sleep, the 2 year old won't be moody, and your DH will snap out of it too.

Hugs.:grouphug:

elephantmeg
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
yes, that was about the worst ages for me. Hang in there and hugs

kransden
03-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I have found since DD went to kindergarten life got easier. Now that she is in 1st grade it is even better.

I invested time in teaching her to do things (it drove me crazy!!), now she can do them. Like taking a shower ALL BY HERSELF, helping clean the kitchen and other domestic tasks. We can also have more give in take in conversations.

My friend with 2 children is also experiencing this now her youngest went to kinder too, but not to the degree I did because she has 2 kids.

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and isn't an on coming train. You have a hard age now, plus the economic stress. It does get better :hug:.

hez
03-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh my gosh, yes, it gets better. I'm sitting typing on the laptop in the FR while DD (10+ months) plays with her toys in front of me, and DS entertains himself with his action figures. Oh, and DH makes pizza :)

Having DS be able to manage most hygiene stuff on his own has been a huge help, and having DD be able to play independently (with me in the room!) for a few minutes here and there has also.

Two months is really, really hard. I remember with DS that he started to get 'fun' around 3-4 months, and that held true with DD, too.

Hang in there :hug:

gatorsmom
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
The sleeplessness and the out-of-whack hormones are NOT helping things right now, I'm sure. Turn off the news and ignore the stuff that you can do NOTHING about, like stock market issues. As I've seen from my own very negative DH, that stuff can really bring you down. This is a particularly difficult time for EVERYONE right now, not just you.

Things will definitely get better. And then they might get hard again. Life with children is definitely not easy. I guess the trick is to try to see past the immediate ups and downs and realize that all-in-all, things are pretty good. Of course that's much easier to do when you've had some sleep. :hug:

MCsMom
03-28-2009, 10:54 PM
It will get better!
At least that's what I keep telling myself :-)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-29-2009, 02:34 AM
:hug:to you mama. Our dd2 is 7 weeks old and I've been verry careful about what I watch on tv. Your oldest will perk up and the baby will sleep eventually. The market will get better-I have a friend who works for a company that sells belly dance costumes on the internet and she told me today that last year at this time 90% of the new client names on her paperwork were from europe or asia. This year the american addresses and names outnumber the foreign ones.

Things will perk up but really-now is an excellent time to put your head in the sand and focus on your babies. Let the world take care of itself for the next few months.

arivecchi
03-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone. One day at a time I guess! Two kids are so much harder than one. My kudos to mommies with more than 2!

StantonHyde
03-29-2009, 05:24 PM
oh you poor sweet thing. I looked at the ages of your kids and thought --yikes, I remember that. You are sleep deprived, hormone ridden, and your older child's world has been ROCKED. Be very gentle on yourself. The first year of DC 2 is hard. It got much better at 4 mos (sleeping better), when she could sit up and entertain herself a bit etc. Now they hang out and watch cartoons. Of course, she also knows how to push her big brother's buttons and he would be happier if we gave her back...siblings.

ThreeofUs
03-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Definitely gets easier - you're in one of the hardest parts right now. {{hugs}}

I thought I was going to go insane when DS2 wasn't sleeping at night, which he did until he was just about your DS2's age.

Just keep breathing; you're near a light at the end of a tunnel.

lizajane
03-29-2009, 08:49 PM
mama, i hear ya. i had a 24 month old with ADHD when my younger son was 2 months old. (yes, *i* knew he had ADHD even back then...) and dylan did not sleep all night until he was 18 months! when he was 2 months was literally the month i RAN to my doc for some zoloft. i got so frustrated, i threw a toy against the wall and broke it. in front of my 2 year old. YIKES.

the 2 year old is now 6 and the 2 month old is now 4. can't say it is perfect, but i can say that i will be chillin' by the pool this summer while my "babies" swim while my friends are chasing toddlers. your day will come!!!

and i would bet that your sweet baby will not wake you up every night for more than a few more months, if that.

hang in there.