PDA

View Full Version : Which Maclaren Quest should we get?

feisao
03-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I wanted to ask everybody for their opinions. My wife and I currently have a Bugaboo Cameleon as our main stroller. However, we wanted to get an umbrella stroller for quick trips, malls, and/or travel.

Our daughter is currently 3 months old and I think we decided we wanted to get a Maclaren Quest. We were looking at the Pink or Orange Quest Sport or the Black/Green Pea Quest Mod.

The problem is that we have seen the Quest Sport in person. However, none of the stores around us has the Quest Mod available. If you had this choice, which one would you select?

Thanks in advance for all your opinions.

feisao
03-30-2009, 11:36 AM
btt. took a while for the thread to show up. bringing it btt so someone can read this and give me an opinion. thanks.

zag95
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
We have a quest that is gray and green in the sport (it's from 2007/08)- are you planning on using this with other children? If so, I would go for a gender neutral pattern

I would probably do the gray and orange- because it looks kinda cool- or the black and green-

Gray would be my first choice because it may not be as "hot" as black in the summer etc. Both would be good gender neutral choices!

I am not seeing much difference between these two- except the patterns.... we love our Quest- and have used it since our daughter was about 6 mos on- it is great for us taller people!

Good luck in your decision!

lorinick
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
We have a quest that is gray and green in the sport (it's from 2007/08)- are you planning on using this with other children? If so, I would go for a gender neutral pattern

I would probably do the gray and orange- because it looks kinda cool- or the black and green-

Gray would be my first choice because it may not be as "hot" as black in the summer etc. Both would be good gender neutral choices!

I am not seeing much difference between these two- except the patterns.... we love our Quest- and have used it since our daughter was about 6 mos on- it is great for us taller people!

Good luck in your decision!
:yeahthat: I have the same stroller in the gray and green. I think you're right about the sprot it's just the colors. I see no extra features. I too would go gender neutral. We love our Quest too.

WatchingThemGrow
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
We used the Cameleon too for DD, then picked up a Triumph when she was 3 mos. It has been a great combination. Our Cam is red and we got a yellow/navy Mac.

The Quest patterns are so bright - a little too much for me in general. ITA with the gender neutral idea - so I say the orange. We like our BJCMD in orange/gray, but it is our max on color, I'd say.

lorinick
03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
keep in mind the Triumph is for a baby 6 months and older the Quest is 3 months and older. The Triumph's recline is not enough for a three month old and doesn't have the foot extender which at year and younger was a great thing to have.

WatchingThemGrow
03-30-2009, 03:03 PM
keep in mind the Triumph is for a baby 6 months and older the Quest is 3 months and older. The Triumph's recline is not enough for a three month old and doesn't have the foot extender which at year and younger was a great thing to have.

Maclaren says it is appropriate from 3 mos - which is what we went by. http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100&Itemid=492 For an extended stroller trip, I agree that a leg rest is important, as is a good recline, but the OP and I both want(ed) it for quick trips. The Volo says 6 mos.

feisao
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
We were leaning towards the Grey/Orange combination with the same reasons that all of you mentioned. Your opinions helped us seal the deal.

Thank You!