PDA

View Full Version : DD Has Nail Polish on Her Tongue!

Wife_and_mommy
03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
What, if anything, to do? We agreed I'd put Mavala Stop on her thumb to help her stop and stupidly let her put her thumb in her mouth before it was completely dry.

She says it's on the back of her tongue. I gave her cold water, ice cubes(to numb the taste buds) and milk to cover the taste.

She finally fell asleep but I'm concerned about tomorrow morning and what to do if it isn't gone? Should I call poison control? DH thinks it's overkill.

I feel horrible.:duh: :(

bubbaray
03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
*I* would call Poison control (you wouldn't believe the things I've called about over the years -- the vet even had me call once when the dog licked some plumbing adhesive when DH was installing a sprinkler system in our back yard -- that was fun to explain!).

My DH would just do nothing.

Wife_and_mommy
03-28-2009, 11:28 PM
*I* would call Poison control (you wouldn't believe the things I've called about over the years -- the vet even had me call once when the dog licked some plumbing adhesive when DH was installing a sprinkler system in our back yard -- that was fun to explain!).

My DH would just do nothing.

Thanks, M. DH is under the impression they'll be filing away that I called. Why it matters I don't know.... I'm definitely calling in the a.m. if she still tastes it.

I feel so bad. :(

bubbaray
03-28-2009, 11:36 PM
You mean like logging it and sending a copy of Children's Services or something? I don't think they do that here.

I've called for DD#1. I gave her double the dose of Tylenol cough and cold by accident once.

I wouldn't NOT call b/c you/DH are worried what *they* will think. THey are there to provide you advice, not to judge you.

GL!

Wife_and_mommy
03-28-2009, 11:42 PM
You mean like logging it and sending a copy of Children's Services or something? I don't think they do that here.

I've called for DD#1. I gave her double the dose of Tylenol cough and cold by accident once.

I wouldn't NOT call b/c you/DH are worried what *they* will think. THey are there to provide you advice, not to judge you.

GL!

I'm not sure but that's the impression I got from him. I'm not at all worried we'll be investigated and don't even think they'll be able to help but I didn't know who else to call. She didn't really ingest enough to make her sick. The problem is it's on her tongue and I dont' know how to get it off without hurting her. I hope it's a moot point in the morning.

Thanks for letting me process.:hug5:

s7714
03-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Does your Peds. office have a after hours answering service? If yes, I'd at least call them and see what the doctor says when he/she calls back.

Wife_and_mommy
03-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Ooh. That's a good idea. DH will probably feel better about calling them rather than Poison Control.

*Why* do these things *always* happen on weekends????