PDA

View Full Version : Returning my PP Aria, what to get instead?

fabriezy
03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a BJCC that I LOVE and I use for walking and trails. I was looking for a 2nd lighter stroller to keep in the car for shopping, errands, zoo, etc. I thought I bought my perfect stroller with the PP Aria- lots of features of a full size stroller but under 10 pounds. Except that it often sticks when I try to open it. I got off a plane last week with carrying 2 bags and my 8 month old and couldn't get the darn thing open. I almost cried! So i think its junk and its going back, I should have trusted all the bad reviews.

So what to get instead? I am looking for a lighter weight stroller, with good storage, good sunshade, and where my son can sit upright. I'd love to stay under $300 if possible. I looked at the Mac quest but I am just not loving the idea of an umbrella. I use a stroller a lot for shopping so i want something really stable with good storage. Any thoughts on the Inglesina Zippy? Ive never seen one in person but it looks nice.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

swissair81
03-29-2009, 11:47 AM
i think a zippy is over $300. maybe try a peg p3. also peg has a new stroller coming out soon. i think it's called si. it's supposed to be 12 lbs or something. it looks very nice.

fabriezy
03-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I'll look into the Si, thank you. I was looking at some '07 and 08' Zippys that were in the $250-$300 range.

AnnieW625
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Maclaren XLR, Baby Jogger City Mini, or the Zippy. I'd probably get the Zippy though if you want the traditional stroller. The one handed fold was amazing. Albee Baby had the Zippy on sale at the beginning of the year for under $300 I think.

Nechums
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd definately go with the Zippy. Friends of mine who have a Pliko P3 or similar strollers marvel when they see how easy the Zippy is with the one-handed everything (in/out of trunk, fold and unfold). There are still plenty of 2008 and 2007s floating around online and at many BM boutique stores. It's a bit more than $300, but totally worth it. I have the 2008, but my SIL still uses her 2002 and says that the stroller is still as perfect as the day she got i.