PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I just have to make a decision

maybaby2009
03-29-2009, 12:58 PM
I've driven myself totally crazy on this! I thought I wanted the Maclaren XLR but I wasn't happy with the fold or how breakable it seemed. I was thinking about the Bugaboo Bee but the reviews have been only so-so. I guess the quinny isn't bad---same with the Zippy. But I've gone over this so many times that it has become practically meaningless! I'm looking to spend between $300-600---I don't think I can justify much more than that amount. I'm doing mostly city living, although the first year will be in CT suburbs. Any help would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated!

mollyrryan
03-29-2009, 02:33 PM
We just went through the same thing, and finally chose yesterday. We were looking at the Uppa Baby, Techno XLR, Bugaboo, Baby Jogger City Elite. We finally went with the BJCE and the Maclaren Kate Spade for a lighter umbrella style that works from birth. It is a tought decision, and I don't think it is possible to find exactly what you are looking for on just one, but I think (hope) these two options are the best for compromise! Good luck!

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I like the choices mollyrryan made. I would be very happy with those two. Oh wait...I have variations on both of them already!

KHF
03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Plus if you're anything like me, you'll get something, won't like it and sell it for something else...several times. Right now I have 5 strollers...and 2 kids. Don't stress out too much, you can always get something else if the first try doesn't work out.

maybaby2009
03-29-2009, 09:23 PM
What the BJCE? Could it be our only stroller?

WatchingThemGrow
03-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Check it out here http://babyjogger.com/city_elite_lp.aspx

It could be. I still like a Mac for tossing over your shoulder when you're going on the subway or something, though.

bubbaray
03-29-2009, 09:34 PM
In less than 5 years, I've had 17 strollers, all singles except one double. If I had to choose just one, it would be a toss-up from the MBUS (truly all-purpose) and the P3 (for the integrated toddler step, that would be my vote for my favorite double).

maybaby2009
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are so many options. I just want something for NYC that works and isn't too fragile. I guess the more options the more difficult.:)

firsttimemama
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I stressed majorly over the stroller while pregnant and now it doesn't seem so important..

We have a P3 though, and like it. We are not doing city living, however.

AnnieW625
03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I was going to get a 2008 XLR at the beginning of the year until I found this board and the wonderful reviews of the Uppa Baby Vista. I ended up finding a used 2007 Vista on Craigslist and have been very happy with it. We are currently using it with our almost 3 year old who is 37" tall and 30lbs with no issues what so ever. We loved that it came with a bassinet, regular seat, and the seller also included the carseat bar for our Graco Snugride. Had I not found this stroller on CL I don't think I would'nt had an issue paying the new price of $650 for it, it's truly a great stroller. We also love that it will take a stroller board (Uppa Baby makes their own). Besides the Uppa, and XLR we also looked at the Quinny, Mutsy, P3, Zippy, and the BJ City Mini. We liked the BJCE a lot more than the City Mini, but since I already had a jogger I didn't want a second 3 wheel jogger. Fabric and comfort wise the CE is much nicer.

I am a suburban mom and think it would be great for city life. I would however think about a Mac Triumph for public transportation, we have had our stroller MAC since DD was three months old and have been super super happy with it. It only has one recline, but even as a infant DD did okay with that; she wouldn't sleep in it till she was 9 or 12 mos. old, but now at 3 still sleeps in it with no problem. It's light, very easy to collapse, and we use it for the aiport all of the time with no issue what so ever! Also used on LA Metro trains, and Charlie trains in Boston and it takes up little to no room with DD in it!

maybaby2009
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
So, I struggled with this for a while. I went back and forth between the XLR, Quinny, Bee and UPPA Baby. The one stroller I really liked but took off my list was the MBUS because I thought the company had gone under without finding a buyer. Well the Quinny didn't seem very practical and it was heavy. The XLR was ok. I got one delivered but the wheels weren't great and the fold looked a bit flimsy. It seemed like something I could too easily break and I wasn't willing to spend $300+ on something like that. I considered the Bee. What I didn't like was the weight limit and the smallish seat. I REALLY liked the UPPA Baby but I simply couldn't justify spending $700, especially because I didn't think I would use the bassinet.

We come now to yesterday. . . I learned that the Phil and Ted bought MBUS! I went only and got what I think is a great discount on an '08 ($500). Now its a waiting game. I hope I like it for city/'burbs living. If not its back to the store and back down this seemingly never-ending road.

jamesoja
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Excellent choice, we too ordered a MBUS Elite and are VERY pleased with it, its quality and manuverability is unbelievable and I see no weaknesses with the stroller. Only issue is we could use a bigger trunk. We just hope our DD enjoys it as much as we do.

codex57
04-10-2009, 05:47 PM
P&T finally bought them huh? About time. It was funny reading their statements dancing around the subject sort of denying it but not exactly.