PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone signing up for the new Michael's Rewards Program?

JTsMom
03-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Just curious what you all think. If you haven't heard about it, from what I've read, certain people got invites, and the offers are all different, apparently based on geographical area.

I got the $5/10% off version. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. I could definitely make the $5 back, but from what I understand, you then can't use a 40% coupon at the same time, which is where I usually save the most.

I'm a little worried they are going to cut the 40% coupons out altogether though, and if they do that, I'll be kicking myself for not joining.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
The company has been having financial issues....
(http://biz.yahoo.com/usnews/090310/10_more_companies_at_risk_of_failing.html?.&.pf=family-home)

K-Bear
03-29-2009, 07:30 PM
oh no! I hope Michael's survives! I love that store (and Loehmann's too. Really, really hope that store survives!!!).

Back to the original question - my offer was for $24.99/40%. If they are indeed getting rid of the coupons (but will they still accept AC Moore coupons?), it might be worth it. But if they aren't getting rid of coupons (and will stop taking competitor coupons) it doesn't make sense to pay the $25 for me.

I haven't had many 40% coupons in the Sunday paper the last couple weeks...

chlobo
03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Mine was $19.99/40%. Dosn't seem like a good deal to me.

kristenk
03-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I got an email, but I'm not following the $$$/% format you guys are using. My email said it was a free membership and you get 10 points for each dollar you spend. When you get 2000 points, they'll send you a $10 gift card. Is that the same thing you guys are talking about?

neeter
03-30-2009, 05:39 AM
I haven't gotten an email offer, but was wondering what the program was about! I hope this company doesn't go under either!! :(

Thanks for explaining.

emschwar
03-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I got an email, but I'm not following the $$$/% format you guys are using. My email said it was a free membership and you get 10 points for each dollar you spend. When you get 2000 points, they'll send you a $10 gift card. Is that the same thing you guys are talking about?

Man, if it was free, I'd sign up! Mine was $24.99 and I'd get 40% off one item each visit and when I got 2000 points I'd get $10 gc.

If michaels does away with the coupons, I'll just switch to Joann instead.

JTsMom
03-30-2009, 09:00 AM

Yes, it's all the same program- there were several different possibilities, depending on where you live. You got the best one, lucky! Can't go wrong if it's free! :)

That article didn't say Michael's was likely going under- just that they were having difficulties, and could possibly close some stores. If they do though, I'll be in trouble b/c our nearest Joanns/Hobby Lobby are over 30 mins away! All we have craft-wise right in this town are Walmart and Target (well, Frugal Fabrics too, but that's different). I probably hit Michael's 3 times a month or more.

emschwar
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
What was the link for the free one? I wonder if we could all sign up with that link? :)

JTsMom
03-30-2009, 12:08 PM
What was the link for the free one? I wonder if we could all sign up with that link? :)

No, unfortunately it's not transferable/shareable. If you were to click on her link, it would show as claimed.

emschwar
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
No, unfortunately it's not transferable/shareable. If you were to click on her link, it would show as claimed.

Bummer. Oh well :)

belovedgandp
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
This is completely bizarre to me. I hadn't heard anything about these programs yet, but I'll be on the look-out. My paper has continued to have the weekly ads with coupon (just cut one out yesterday) and I get a customer and Knack e-mail that usually have some kind of coupon with them.

rlu
03-30-2009, 05:58 PM
This is completely bizarre to me. I hadn't heard anything about these programs yet, but I'll be on the look-out. My paper has continued to have the weekly ads with coupon (just cut one out yesterday) and I get a customer and Knack e-mail that usually have some kind of coupon with them.

same here in the Bay Area

JTsMom
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
We're still getting coupons here too- it's just a rumor that they might be toying with getting rid of them and switching to the rewards card. I hope they don't though!