PDA

View Full Version : deals on flannel sheets?

jjordan
03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think our flannel sheets are going to make it through another winter. I'm hoping now might be a good time to buy since flannel sheet season is quickly coming to a close. Anyone know of any bargains? Sets or individual sheets are fine (if the price is right!). We have a queen bed. Thanks in advance!

DrSally
03-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm in the exact same situation. I slept in my mom's bed when I stayed over last time (so I could be close to the kids). Her flannels were so soft and thick. Ours have no nap left. I never found any at Target clearance like some did and Homegoods doesn't have any left. I think I missed out on the flannel sheet clearance. :(

cbscherer
03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=1&categoryId=57182&parentCategory=4086&cat4=1156&productId=947310&display_id=56996&feat=sr&catalog_id=TA&from=SR&rtnComp=

It's not a big sale, but the LL Bean Premium Supima sheets are SUPERB and are eligible for the 10 GC!!!! Super thick, soft as butter, absolutely no pilling, and hardly any lint wash after wash. I'm usually a dedicated bargain hunter, but these are worth every penny.

Right now, they have a $10 gift certificate with every 50 purchase. I used this promo last time I bought these flannet sheets (dividing order into three different $50+ orders which were placed on 3 different days). Got $30 back in GC.

I've got a LL Bean Visa, so free shipping and free return shipping. I've had such bad experiences with sheets that start pilling after a few months, that having the piece of mind that comes with LL Bean's 100 percent guarantee was worth the extra I had to pay. The GC were just an added bonus.

PS, I tried and did not like LL Bean's regular flannel sheets. Pilled. Looking at the reviews, I think they changed suppliers.

Hope this helps.

DrSally
03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks. I should splurge on some LL bean sheets as I know they're great quality. Too bad they're not on clearance!

jjordan
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks! I am an LLBean fan but I'm not sure I can bring myself to splurge on the expensive ones... Maybe... I'll have to think about it!

jetrlw
03-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I have very,very soft and thick flannel sheets from Smartbargains.com Their prices are usually quite good ($45 for 6.2 oz queen or king size set). Unfortunately, there are a limited number of styles/colors to choose from, but they are still quite nice. They will last very long and get softer with each wash. I have had mine for 6 years and they feel incredible!!

Here is a link:
http://www.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&sp=All%2BProducts%252f%252f%252f%252fUserSearch%25 3dflannel%252f%252f%252f%252f&dk=flannel&deptid=3&catid=44&prodid=3030477050&t=Search...prod.1

DrSally
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you! I'll have to check those out tomorrow--off to bed now!

ETA: Do you have a pillowtop mattress? Do you find the fitted sheet deep enough?

jjordan
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks! That sounds like a good option.

jetrlw
03-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes, I have a memory foam topper (2 in.) and the fitted sheets still fit over. Not to mention I also have a pillowtop mattress under all that. Yes, I like to be comfortable when I sleep. I like the foam better than the pillowtop. All the same, the flannels are wonderful. I even got my MIL hooked on them!!