PDA

View Full Version : Help: Zooper Zydeco or Bumbleride Flyer?

thegooch49
03-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi, I'm a first time dad and am looking for some stroller advice. We are looking for one that we can use on the streets. Not necessarily for jogging, but definitely for pavement and uneven services.

I was originally looking at the Bumbleride Flyer. It got pretty bad ratings by consumer reports though. I also looked at the Zooper Zydeco. I'm digging they Zydeco, because it has bigger tires and seems like it might be a bit better outside.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping to get help with. Do I need bigger or inflatable tires for outdoor use? Is Zooper still in business, I read a previous forum that they had some problems? Why is the current Zooper line still 2008, are 09's coming out soon (or ever)?

Anyway, these are just 2 that I looked at and liked. If someone else has some good suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

MamaKath
03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Definitely check out the Zooper if you can IRL. Their strollers are really nice, and ime have held up well. As far as I know they are still in business, have you tried emailing them?

Bumbleride has had problems with the steering of the Flyer in previous years. The newest one is supposed to be decent.

Both are really big when folded. Oh and Consumer Reports is not who I would go to first on carseats and strollers. I use them for lots of other items, however their ratings of baby products have never jived with my own research or experience.

codex57
03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Zooper claims to still be in business. They're just very low on 08 stock. 09s are supposed to be out tho, but good luck finding a local store that has any Zoopers in stock.

thegooch49
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the help! I found a Zooper Zydeco on craigslist that I got for $225. I loved it when I went to check it out! I'm really excited to use it. Zooper does indeed seem to be in business. I live in Portland, OR and the company is here in town. I saw a bunch of zoopers on eBay, sold in OR by a user 'zooperoutlet'. I emailed the seller, and he gave me an address to come by and look at the models. Way cool! The address the guy on eBay gave me matches the address on the zooper website.

Anyway, I'm going to go check out some other models there. I'm interested in the zooper waltz. When I go, I'll ask about the 09's, and post what I find on this thread.

Thanks again for the help!

lowrioh
04-01-2009, 08:54 AM
The Flyer and the Zydeco are very different types of strollers. Is there a reason you aren't considering the Bumbleride Indie which is their 3 wheel stroller?
We have and Indie and I like it a lot. It steers really easily and it is great for walks around the neighborhood. We also have a Zooper Hula which I LOVE.
I think that you would probably be happy with either company, I just wanted to point out that you aren't comparing oranges to oranges.

strollerqueen
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm gathering you want a reversible, which is a very good idea. Yes, I think bigger air tires are what you need. I really like Teutonias-- www.teutoniausa.com If you are on a budget, there is the Dreamer Design Park Avenue with big air tires. They are definitely out of business, though.

mdmom2b
04-10-2009, 11:23 PM
also in case it helps anyone, I contacted Bumbleride about the consumer report ratings for the Flyer...they were based on the 2007 model and have not been updated since. We got the new Flyer and I love it so far, although our baby isn't here yet so I'll know more soon! :bouncy: