PDA

View Full Version : Which Bouncer/Tub/Bassinet/Co-Sleeper?

Lila
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Having trouble with some more decisions -

I like both the FP Rainforest bouncer seat and also the Boppy Cradle in Comfort seat. Any preferences?

Which tub do you prefer? I like the First Years Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler one, but friends says FP Aquarium one may be preferred ....

Also, a friend has an Eddie Bauer Bassinet she says I can have (not sure if it's on the ground, or what) and I really want the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper, but obviously can't do both and feel guilty (should save money and get the hand-me-down).

Thoughts?

Thanks...

Melaine
03-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Primo Eurobath. I never thought I could have such strong feelings for a piece of plastic, but it really saved my back.
http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1238422037&sr=8-1

lowrioh
03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I borrowed a Safety first fold up tub for when DD was first born. I liked it because it could go over the kitchen sink. It was handy but not necessary especially since she outgrew it pretty quickly.
Now that she is bigger, I also have the Primo Eurobath and I love it.
We borrowed 2 bouncy seats (Bjorn and FP rainforest) and DD hated both of them.
We used the bassinet that came with the Pack n play that we borrowed and it worked fine. We only used it for the first 5 weeks though and then moved her into her crib.
I personally couldn't justify the expense of the co-sleeper....but then again, I'm cheap.

zag95
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
We used the FP Newborn to Toddler bouncer (it goes up to 40 lbs and can be used for toddlers as a "chair") and thought it would give us some longevity- our daughter has loved it! And now that she is 14 mos, she goes over to it to "sit" in it!

We used the First Years Newborn to Toddler tub- for a long time- and then we switched to baths in the big tub (many I have taken with her!)

We used the bassinet feature on our Pack n Play one night- and then moved her to her crib (because it was too loud to have her sleeping right next to me!) I could hear plenty right across the hall, without a monitor- I have parent "ears"!!:)
We also used the bassinet feature and the Graco Pack n Play when we traveled to the beach or staying at hotels- it is great! I would highly recommend getting one- they are like $100 bucks or less for a basic model.

We didn't get a bassinet or co-sleeper because I didn't think I would use it long enough- and it really wasn't something I felt we needed. I would say take the free bassinet and use your money toward something else down the line- your child may not even be in the bassinet that long- and there will be plenty of expenses later!

Congrats!

jgenie
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Primo Eurobath. I never thought I could have such strong feelings for a piece of plastic, but it really saved my back.
http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1238422037&sr=8-1

:yeahthat: I :heartbeat: this tub! DH travels a lot so from the beginning I was doing baths on my own. This tub was great because I could set DS down and concentrate on cleaning him. I can't imagine trying to hold on to a slippery baby and wash at the same time. We're still using it and DS is 14 months old.

Lila
03-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I made some decisions - gonna get the first-years tub b/c I read the primo one can be big and slippery.

Gonna try the Graco Pack n' Play Elyse model which I saw today in Babies R Us and liked. I have a small apt. though so with this, the hand-me-down bassinet, and an eventual crib, not sure. I guess BB book says Graco tells you not to let the baby sleep in the Pack 'n Play bassinet part except for naps, and I kind of liked it for regular use at night - esp. b/c the arm's reach co-sleeper looked really disappointing. Just not sturdy and yucky material. But if I don't use the pack-n-play what else would I use it for?

I think I'll get a FP rainforest bouncy seat - the newborn to toddler one didn't get great reviews. But its been a touch decision....

Also going with BabyBjorn air carrier rather than just the reg. one.

Thanks all!

jenny
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I made some decisions - gonna get the first-years tub b/c I read the primo one can be big and slippery.

Gonna try the Graco Pack n' Play Elyse model which I saw today in Babies R Us and liked. I have a small apt. though so with this, the hand-me-down bassinet, and an eventual crib, not sure. I guess BB book says Graco tells you not to let the baby sleep in the Pack 'n Play bassinet part except for naps, and I kind of liked it for regular use at night - esp. b/c the arm's reach co-sleeper looked really disappointing. Just not sturdy and yucky material. But if I don't use the pack-n-play what else would I use it for?

I think I'll get a FP rainforest bouncy seat - the newborn to toddler one didn't get great reviews. But its been a touch decision....

Also going with BabyBjorn air carrier rather than just the reg. one.

Thanks all!

You can put a baby in the Graco Pack N Play for sleeping at night. We used it and it worked out fine.

We have the newborn to toddler chair and it worked for us, but it's a personal decision. We also got the Euro bath tub and it's been great, but it is a big tub and you might not have that much space in an apartment.

I'm not a huge fan of baby bjorns. I registered for the baby bjorn active and we hardly ever used it. Once DD got over 10 pounds, it hurt my shoulders. and the lumbar support didn't offer much support. You can't use it past 25 pounds either. If you're seriously considering using a baby carrier, then I would get something else like an ergo or beco, that lets you carry in the front or on your back and goes up to 45 pounds.