PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide between Stokke and Teutonia

megamusprime
03-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone. My wife and I are split 50/50 between the Xplory and the Teutonia T-300 chasis. We live in Boston, in the Back Bay with parking!! (woohoo). I like the reversible handles and the wheels. She likes the Stokke for its height adjustability. My concern was the way the Stokke handles in snow. I could not find any reviews on how the Xplory handles in snow. I also like the fact that the Xplory can be adjusted in so many ways. I'm 5-10 and she is 5-1. Lifting the strollers will not be in issue since we have a suburban and a MB suv. We had both looked at the iCandy and had wanted to import one over but that was out of the question once we converted the price and shipping. I have emailed iCandy wondring when they are coming to the states but have received no reply. My son is due in 2 weeks:yay::yay:. We still have time to look at strollers since he will have to be in the NICU. Thanks for your help.

pastrygirl
03-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I would LOVE to live in Back Bay!

I live near Boston but in a somewhat rural area. There's no way I could get around outside with anything but air tires for all wheels, but there are no sidewalks here. Definitely not in the snow, either, but they don't clear it out here as well as they probably do in Boston. Have you looked at any strollers with air tires? Mutsy, Easy Walker, Micralite Toro (has an all-terrain wheel option) and any of the various jogging strollers -- BOB, Mountain Buggy, Baby Jogger, etc. They don't reverse, but a few of them have a bassinet attachment for those early months.

If you like the iCandy, the Valco Rad is the same stroller. They are frequently available on eBay, though usually without the bassinet. I bought a used Valco Rad with a front jogging wheel, and LOVE IT. Someone else had imported the front wheel from the UK (for about $150, I think), and then I bought the stroller from her. I didn't use it much this winter because my toddler likes to walk, but I'll be using it a lot with my baby next winter.

Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

AnnieW625
03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
You might also check out the Uppa Baby, they are based in the Boston burbs and people here really seem to like the Vista stroller and if I remember correctly from reviews it does well in the snow too. For $650 you get the stroller frame, the bassinet, the regular seat, and two sets of wheels (thin urban style, and all terrain). It also has an available car seat adaptor bar. It has a telescoping handle which is nice. I am 5'6, and DH is 6'0" and we usually use the same middle height, but the low height should work for your wife. I think you can visit their local showroom too. Just check out their website, http://www.uppababy.com/ . They have very good customer service.

Congrats on the birth of your son!

MamaKath
03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Tuetonia will handle significantly better in the snow because you can reverse the handle to push with the big wheels forward. It is an awesome stroller, and allows for the baby to lay completely flat in the seat or bassinet. The Stokke is really neat, but the seat itself doesn't lie complete flat, and the legs are always separated (kind of like on a baby bike seat). The height adjusting is super neat, but would not outweigh the reversible handle for me.

A Mountain Buggy, Bob, or Baby Jogger are worth a look, but don't reverse.

megamusprime
04-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies. We ended up getting the Stokke.