PDA

View Full Version : appropriate "business attire" for DH's work function...

LarsMal
03-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll be about 37 weeks pregnant when I go to DH's upcoming work function. It's in the middle of the week, from 6-8PM. He said the invitation says business attire. I have no idea what to wear!! I'm heading into that phase of pregnancy where I'm outgrowing a lot of my maternity stuff. I probably have some black pants I can squeeze into, but I'm not sure about tops, or maybe I should find a dress???

I know pregnant women can get away with more, but I just don't know what direction to go. Oh, and can I wear sandals? I don't know if I can squeeze my feet into any of my dressier shoes!

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Octobermommy
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I think "business attire" can be interpreted many ways. I think you can never go wrong with black pants and a nice shirt. If sandals are all that are comfortable for you I would wear them. I don't think you will get stares or anything. Have fun!

LarsMal
03-30-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think you will get stares or anything.

I'm sure I'll get stares, but not becauase of my shoes...because I look like a beached whale! ;)

elliput
03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Women who are 9 months pg get a "business attire" waiver. Wear what is comfortable.

JTsMom
03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
At 37 weeks, I'd wear whatever I darn well felt like. ;)

Do you want to buy something new at this point or would you rather wear something you already have? I'd probably go with the black pants and a maybe a button down shirt or pretty sweater.

ETA: I'd also wear the sandals without a second thought.

elektra
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Women who are 9 months pg get a "business attire" waiver. Wear what is comfortable.

:yeahthat:
I would say the only exception might be jeans. Wear those black pants or a dress. And then I would seriously even wear just a nicer t-shirt with some kind of sweater over it if that's what you have. I would say anything would go on the shoes too except maybe your most casual flip flops.
I am getting close to the end too and don't want to buy any new maternity clothes myself. I would try to just work with what I've got!

bubbaray
03-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Honestly, at 37w PG *I* wouldn't have gone to my own work function, let alone my spouses. Seriously. I"m pretty sure you aren't feeling well that night and you need to spend it at home with your feet up resting (or better yet, getting a pedicure).

trentsmom
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Are you near a Gap Maternity? A lot of their dresses are on sale. I got this one (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26693&pid=636617) today for $20. I plan on wearing it with sandals to church and at least one wedding, and I think it would be fine for a business function, too.

doberbrat
03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
at 37 weeks, I think everyone will be glad you didnt show up in flipflops or pink fuzzy slippers.

if you can comfortably wear the black pants, go ahead w/a top you like. call it good. its not even YOUR work event.

I cant imaging even the cattiest person saying did you see what that pregnant lady was wearing?? and if they do, well, their time will come.