PDA

View Full Version : One Step Ahead Jogging Stroller

celimore
03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Has anyone purchased the One Step Ahead Single Expedition Jogging Stroller? If so, would you recommend it? I've noticed that jogging strollers are expensive & I don't really want to spend that kind of money. I am not a serious jogger, actually I don't really jog at all, which is why I don't want to spend so much money. I do rollerblade & would like to use it for that reason. I did notice that it does not come with a hand brake, which seems standard for jogging strollers. Is a hand brake necessary? Does it affect the safety of the baby? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

hellokitty
03-30-2009, 09:28 PM
If you're not a serious jogger, I would look at craigslist and at garage sales for a used jogger. A lot of ppl buy jogging strollers with good intentions, very few actually use them for jogging, and it's just so much cheaper to buy joggers used than new. They are pretty durable, so hold up very well. A hand brake is not necessary if you are not planning to really jog, they usually come with a strap, like a leash, so the stroller won't run away from you.

MamaKath
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
I believe the OSA model is a BabyTrend that they have privately labeled. If you are thinking of rollerblading, you must have a handbrake to slow down. Rollerblading with a stroller can be very dangerous because the shift in balance though, make sure you have safety gear (helmet) for your infant as well.

I agree with the pp though about finding one used for a good deal.