PDA

View Full Version : Travel Stroller dilemma : UPPA BABY G-LUXE?

MCsMom
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I need a stroller for international air travel. As in 24 hours of traveling. I love our BOB and BJCM but I am not going to chance them getting destroyed or not gate checked. The stroller is what we will be using overseas as well and there is a lot of walking on smooth surfaces.
I was looking at the G-Luxe and it seems it will meet all our needs.
Does anyone have one?

purpelina
03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
how big is your baby? I mean, how tall/ how much she weighs?
G-luxe seems like a decent stroller, but a bit too expensive for what it is. Even though it reclines, I would probably choose g-lite over g -luxe (if you set your mind on uppababy), because the seat back on g-lite is longer. On g-luxe I almost hit my child's head with my knees when seat was reclined (but DD was a big 3 y.o. at the time. It wasn't an issue with my youngest 10mo). Also the steering is so-so with a heavier child.

I would just get a Maclaren. Better quality, better steering, better resale value, even though lightweight models don't have suspension like uppababy.
Hope this helps :)

MCsMom
04-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi, we are traveling to the Philippines in November. DD will be about 14 months old. Dreading the trip over but it must be done.
Right now she is almost 18 lbs. at 6 1/2 months and is about 50th percentile for height.
I know, a little early but I figured I would start looking around now.
I was looking at the G-Luxe because I thought it was supposed to be comparable to the Triumph for less money but yes, still expensive!
I would love to get the XT but seems like too much (for DH) for a third stroller:D
Which Mac do you like?

meme9300
04-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Do yourselves a favor a get a Mac. I have the Quest (which I adore due to the foot rest and lower recline), but the Triumph is awesome too as is the Volo (but no recline).

The G Luxe doesn't steer hardly as well, the seat back is short and the canopy feels like it is made of spandex pants. I was thoroughly unimpressed. I LOVE Macs and they are worth every penny!

Good Luck!

AnnieW625
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Love our MAC Triumph, and even though it's only one recline it's still awesome and DD sleeps in it even now at almost 3. We've used it on numerous airplane trips as well on public transportation in Los Angeles, and Boston with no issues. We have also used it at Disneyland too with no issues. It's a great all around stroller.

I will say that sometimes I wish I would've bought a Quest or a Techno because of the recline issue, but overall I am very happy with the Mac.

MCsMom
04-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Thank you ladies for the advice!!!
Will run this by DH but he will go with whatever I suggest since I will be using it more.
Now I just have to decide on which model LOL

MCsMom
04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Ok, is it just me or is the shade on the Volo bigger than the Triumph or Quest?