PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger

nive131
03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I have 4 month old twins.. :)
I am planning to buy a double stroller that I can use indoors and for brisk walking as part of my fitness routine for the summer..
From this website, it seems like Baby jogger is the preferred double stroller brand. I am confused whether to buy BJCMD or BJCCD. Can the Mini be used for brisk walks outside ? I am tempted with the Mini for its light weight.
Is the Classic too heavy to deal with and I have a Honda Odyssey. Will the Classic easily into it ?

Appreciate any help to ease my purchase.

Thanks.

fivi2
03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
I think there have been a few recent threads on the stroller board about these.

I have never seen the mini, so I can't compare. I bought the BJCSD before these other versions came out - I believe what I have is now the Classic, but there may be some differences. I use it as my one and only (starting at 6 months - after the double snap and go) and I love it (my girls are just past 3 yo now). I have never been unhappy with my choice. It is heavy, but that has never been a problem for me - ymmv. I store it in my CR-V, so have to lift it in and out frequently. It is somewhat of a pain in small stores (like gymboree), but I don't think any double is great in those situations. I have no complaints!

nellonello
03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I have the mini and I love it for indoors. Keep in mind that it does not have air filled tires and so I find it a bit of a bumpy ride when I am outdoors. I think for brisk walks you would probably prefer the BJCCD or the BJCED due to suspension and air tires. My friend's Classic fits in our Sienna just fine.

twowhat?
03-31-2009, 10:39 PM
I have the mini. I use it on walks around the neighborhood (but I would not call them "brisk"...just regular speed walks). We have a lot of uneven sidewalks with cracks here and the mini handles them fine with the front wheel suspension even though the tires aren't air-filled. It fits in the back of our Honda Odyssey but takes up 3/4 of the trunk space (but if we fold down the 3rd row of seats, there'd be plenty of room but we never have the 3rd row folded down because we use it). So consider that if you need to keep your 3rd row of seats up and are always carrying other things. Just for perspective, with the 3rd row of seats up, we can fit the mini and our double snap n go in the trunk next to each other. But without much room for anything else other than groceries (and the groceries are packed around the strollers.

It depends on where you are planning to do "brisk walking". On smooth pavement without bumps or cracks, mini would do fine. On rougher surfaces, you probably want the air-filled tires.

Our mini is our only stroller (after the double snap n go). I wanted something light enough to lift into the car for even short trips. I can't imagine having to lift something heavier on a regular basis. So if you are considering a stroller that you will use every day for errands as well as walking, then you want to think hard about the weight. If you want a stroller just for brisk walking or outdoor stuff, then I'd probably lean towards the air-filled tires.

Kindra178
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
I have the Bob Duallie for my 6 month old twins. I love it. I think it pushes much easier than the City Series. I truly can't say enough about its great maneuverability.

caheinz
04-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I have the Bob Duallie for my 6 month old twins. I love it. I think it pushes much easier than the City Series. I truly can't say enough about its great maneuverability.

We have the BOB, too. It's so easy to move that it comes with a wrist strap, so the stroller can't get away from you!

I'm looking forward to getting the twins out on runs in another 6 weeks or so... (instructions said to wait until the twins are 8 months for jogging...)

Kindra178
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
One more thing. I deal with my Bob Duallie in and out of my car and I really don't find it to be a problem. It folds easily enough and fits in my Sienna just fine. A great place to get a stroller right now is www.upsideover.com. Use the code babyb20 for 20%, no tax and shipping.