PDA

View Full Version : Upside Over Outdoor Gear 20% discount for BBB - UPDATE post 15

missym
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
The owner of Upside Over (http://www.upsideover.com): Outdoor Gear for Kids has generously offered us a 20% discount on their entire site. This is the best discount they've ever offered and combines with free shipping on orders of $45+. The site has all sorts of great products as we get ready for warm weather sports, camping, and outdoor fun.

20% off entire order, code babyb20 exp 5/31/09 (excludes BOB and Baby Jogger)
http://www.upsideover.com (http://www.upsideover.com/)

Some of the brands include:

Julbo sunglasses
Primal Wear
Marmot
Patagonia Kids
North Face
Mt Sprouts & Kids Mt Khakis
Sierra Designs
CamelBak
Sigg
Teva
Keen
Merrell

Balance Bikes & Bike Trailers:
LikeaBike
Skuut Balance Bike
Nordic Cab

Carriers:
Sherpani
Kelty
Deuter
Macpac

Have fun! :yay:

nellonello
03-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks! Just ordered my older son some shoes and a raincoat! They carry really nice stuff.

nabigus
03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
This is SO awesome, thanks for posting! This coupon brings kids' Keen sandals down to $36. Yay!

lucybabymamma
03-31-2009, 02:14 PM
We have been in the market for a BOB revolution and with 20% off this was a great deal!!! Thanks!!!

Snow mom
04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Just got an e-mail from upsideover with a code for 25% off a single item through 4/20. Code is Anvs25

julevizamom
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Snow Mom: I also have a Baby A who is exactly 4 months and one week today. Wow!:)

mamaoftwins
04-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Just got off the phone with Customer Service at Upside Over - seems the codes are not supposed to work with Baby Jogger and BOB strollers. There was an error when they put the codes through the first time, so some of you lucky buyers got them to work earlier before they figured out the issue a few days ago. Darn it, I shouldn't have waited so long to order.

Not happy here. :(

missym
04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I have emailed the owner and will post an update when I hear back from him.

k_null81
04-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I also wanted to point out that the email in regards to the anniversary sale showed pics of the a Baby Jogger Elite along with some other items and the email also had pics of the BOB & Baby Jogger logo. I did a live chat twice last week on upsider.com and they said they aren't included in the anniversary sale. It's is very upsetting though since those items were clearly in the email they sent out in regards to the sale. The email also didn't show any exclusions on it either.

Waiting for an update!

Thanks!

chozen
04-20-2009, 12:14 PM
i understand why you are upset, i know i am new to this board i just recently registed but before i did i still visited here often, and i dont understand it either it seems like they make up the guide lines as they go, day by day. i dont think its fair. they should stand by there word every day. that is the only way you can trust a company enough to buy from them!

lucybabymamma
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
That IS strange they said the code doesn't work! I bought a BOB Rev using a 20% code they posted earlier and had no problems. It arrived in a week. Later, I called to see about adding the console to my purchase and they were out of that item. They seemed very nice though and besides being out of things I wanted to buy, I would have recommended them...but now I am not sure....
Do you think they ran into trouble from the BOB and Baby Jogger brands? These brands seem protective about how much you can discount their products and how often, seeing that they hardly ever go on sale....

longamkl
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I was debating on getting a duallie BOB last week when I saw this deal but wasn't sure that it would fit in the trunk of my car. I was able to try fitting the BOB on the weekend and emailed customer service on Saturday when the code wouldn't work. I have had no response from them.

mamaoftwins
04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
That IS strange they said the code doesn't work! I bought a BOB Rev using a 20% code they posted earlier and had no problems.

CS told me that when they released those coupon codes, there was an error in the system allowing any product on their site to be purchased with the codes. But, again according to the guy I spoke to, BOB and BJ are supposed to be excluded, so they recently found their error and 'fixed' it. Anyone who used the code before they fixed it would have been ok to use the code and their order would have gone through with the discount.

According to Missy's first post with the codes, we should have been able to purchase anything, BOB and BJ included. Hopefully Missy can figure it out!! *fingers crossed*

I wonder if they pulled the codes early b/c they had too many people using them on big ticket items ...

longamkl
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I didn't ever receive a response to the email I sent to customer service. I am very disappointed and can't imagine buying anything from this company that doesn't even respond to my questions let alone one that won't honor the promotion it offered.

missym
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I have heard back from the owner at Upside Over and would like to apologize to everyone who has experienced frustration over this discount. Due to a miscommunication, some brands should have been excluded (due to vendor agreements) but were not originally when the discount code was released. I was unaware of this when I posted the discount.

The brands I know of right now are BOB and Baby Jogger. If there are others, I will add those as soon as I find out. I'm very sorry some of you were unable to order those items at a discount, but the retailer's hands are tied at this point. Since this code has been spread to other deal sites and some folks are quite upset at not getting a discount they want, the CS staff at Upside Over has been very busy lately. Please cut them some slack as they try to work through this situation.

nabigus
04-22-2009, 06:51 PM
For what it's worth, I placed an order for Keens yesterday, and they shipped yesterday as well. I'm really excited to have gotten them at such a great price.