PDA

View Full Version : babyearth.com is baby-wise.com's new name

clc053103
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I didn't realize this and just ordered from them. It seems like it is arriving on time, but I had an exchange with customer service during which they were pretty rude- certainly they weren't interested in winning customers!!

I did a little more research and found that they are baby-wise.com with a new name. Had I realized, I never would have ordered from them.

Here's the thread on my experience with baby-wise!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=203819

mamaoftwins
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Really?!? Weird. I've ordered from babyearth.com about 5 times and have only positive things to say about them. I recently ordered 2 ergos about two months apart, and when the 2nd came, I noticed that the 1st one I ordered was missing a part that the 2nd one had. I called babyearth, explained the situation, and immediately the gal had a new one shipping out to me with a label to return the other. So, just piping in to say that I've only had good experiences with them thus far.

clc053103
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
That's good to hear since I have a carseat on the way, thanks! Quite honestly, when companies change names and don't make it well known, I get a little leery...Hopefully my seat arrives and I never have to reach out to their CS again!

mamaoftwins
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Quite honestly, when companies change names and don't make it well known, I get a little leery...Hopefully my seat arrives and I never have to reach out to their CS again!

Yeah, that is pretty sketchy. I hope your carseat arrives in perfect condition, and that UPS actually leaves it for you. ;)

Melaine
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
The name has been changed for awhile, and IIRC, they had a banner saying "formerly BabyWise" or "Babywise is now BabyEarth" for awhile.

clc053103
04-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, the good news is, the seat arrived and clearly no signature requirement.

the bad news? the seat is already almost 8 months old. Certainly expected better than an August 08 DOM. But since this is my only child and I dont have it in me to call Babyearth's terrible customer service, I'm just going to put it in the car and move on!

But- as a warning to others, if you want a recent DOM on your carseat, buy somewhere else.

mamaoftwins
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, the good news is, the seat arrived and clearly no signature requirement.

the bad news? the seat is already almost 8 months old. Certainly expected better than an August 08 DOM. But since this is my only child and I dont have it in me to call Babyearth's terrible customer service, I'm just going to put it in the car and move on!

But- as a warning to others, if you want a recent DOM on your carseat, buy somewhere else.

Well, I'm glad it arrived, but the DOM ... sigh ... I got an awesome deal on a super-duper jogging stroller this year (not from BabyEarth), only to have it arrive with an Aug 2006 DOM. That's right, sitting in a warehouse for 2.5 yrs. (the DOM was not listed on the site, and it's my fault that I did not check ahead of time) I didn't have it in me to call CS either ... oh well, it's an awesome stroller anyway for an amazing price, and I'm sure your seat will be great too! :)

clc053103
04-03-2009, 09:30 AM
When in doubt on a stroller year, post over ont he stroller board and the experts there can identify anything!!! Though with a stroller, I dont worry much about model year unless i am after a certain feature. I just bought a new 07 volo and I LOVE it.

Everyone had bad experiences with Baby Universe, yet when I order a MA from them three years ago it arrived with a DOM of about 2 weeks prior!!! Can't get much newer than that!