PDA

View Full Version : F&%@ing crabby old bag......

malphy
03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
We were on a plane w/2yr dd for the first time and of course we had a crabby old lady sitting right in front of us. I knew it was going to be a problem as soon as we got on the plane.

I put dd's car seat in window seat and was sorting out the carryons at my feet. The plane was just 1/2way thru boarding and it was crazy as usual. The woman in front of dd seat said can you have her stop kicking my seat. I mean it couldn't have been more than 2-3 kicks because i had just took my eyes off her.

i knew then we were in trouble. DD was awesome on the trip (4hr ride) She slept most of the way and did not make noise until she woke up and i had to changeg her. Well the woman acted as if she had been crying the whole time. I was very patient w/her constant turning her head to me and eye rolling but then lost it. I said what would you like me to do.? She is 2 and we are on a plane!! My bil yelled at her and her husband too. They were ridiculous.

Especially considering the plane had several kids and they had been crying the whole time. What a**es this woman & her husband were.

If you don't want to be disturbed on a plane either go first class or take a private jet!!

the upside of this is that I hate to fly and this whole thing distracted me from the fact I was on a plane. I felt like leaping over the seat and strangling her.

I so wished she was on my flight home. There was a baby that cried the enire 4 hours and very loudly too. i felt so bad for the mom.

venting is good, thanks!

infomama
03-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh people like that kill me. You were very cool about it so congrats.

I usually can not contain myself when it comes to people like that. I would have confronted her for sure (at the end with the head turning and eye rolling) which wouldn't have helped matters at all (except perhaps get her to bug off).

I was in Home Depot a few weeks ago when DD2 (18mo) put her hand on the rail of one of the huge orange ladders when a worker rushed over waving his hands and said, "I can't let her play on that maam." (No s**t, she wasn't playing on it jerk). Then he proceeded to give me a lecture ("let me tell you a little story" he says) about how a little girl climbed on one of those ladders when her sister was playing near it and it locked down into place SEVERING the fingers of the girl playing near the floor. I said, "you know what..if these ladders are that dangerous, they should not be left unattended with a small sign hanging on the warning people to say off them..don't you agree?" He walked away and later found me to apologize for treating me like a child. DH was with me and he said, "it's OK sir..you should go now."

Mommy Of A Little Angel
03-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Ugh I've been there! I was flying with DD who was rear-facing in her car seat. There was a girl and her boyfriend in front of us. Well, the girl was automatically annoyed that she could recline her seat. Well, sorry, my kid needs to sit in a car seat, get over it. No, she proceeded to slam into it with her seat back. Guess what, the car seat didn't move! Then she started crying to her boyfriend about it. You'd think he would have traded seats with her. Nope, just sat there and comforted her (from his reclined seat!). She pouted the entire flight and gave me wonderful looks. At least she didn't say anything to me. She would not have liked my reaction!

happy2bamom
03-31-2009, 12:55 PM
I empathize with you! I had a similar situation a month ago. Now that I have kids, flying so stressful for me. The seats are packed in together and there is no where to go if a situation occurs. My kids have been fantastic on recent flights, but there is always some crabby person that overreacts to the everything that my kids do. I feel like carrying a sign that says: Kids fuss, wiggle around and occasionally are loud, being on a plane doesn't change that! Deal with it!

sste
03-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I fly alot. And children get a bad rap - - the worst behavior IMO comes from the adults. For example, this weekend I sat next to a couple where the husband accidentially dumped his entire glass of selter water on my seat which I then had to sit in for the four hour flight. And the wife, sitting next to me, was airsick the entire time and on the verge of puking. Obviously, not intentional and I wasn't mean to them about it, but let me say, give me a crying baby any day!!

hellokitty
03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
That sucks. Ppl are really prejudiced against kids on a plane. Everytime we have flown, you can just tell by the looks on ppl's faces as soon as they see us with our kids and carseats coming down the aisle that they are like, "Oh @#$%, I hope they don't sit close to us." LUCKILY, my kids have always been gems on the plane. In fact ppl will come up to us and compliment us on how well behaved our children are. If there are other kids on the flight, it is almost inevitable that someone's child is crying.

I remember our first flight when our son was 5 mo old, he did GREAT! The only problem was the pervert in front of me (who also happened to have killer BO) kept peeking through the crack of the seat to try to watch me every time I had BF my baby, I had to throw a blanket over the headrest for some privacy. I did feel bad for the man in front of us, b/c he was really tall and obviously was not able to recline his seat due to my son's infant carrier. I think we said something to him about how we were sorry for the inconvenience and he was ok with it. A few rows down from us a girl screamed and threw up multiple times the entire 5 hr flight, and even the attendant told us that our child was well behaved, b/c all the other kids on the plane were really unhappy.

KBecks
03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Heh, heh, heh, We are taking 5 children under 5 and one 7 year old to Jamaica in about a month. I hope your lady comes on our flight, we will be ready for her!

Momof3Labs
03-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I was waiting to board a flight at O'Hare a month or so ago, and heard a lady complaining to someone on her cell phone that there were so many kids in the boarding area.

Want to know where the plane was going? Orlando.

bubbaray
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Lori, that is hilarious! Duh, if you don't want a flight packed with kids, don't fly through Orlando (or LAX/Orange County).

I am just waiting for the next person to say squat to me about my girls. We had some nasty people on our flight to Maui, but there was a former pediatric nurse in the row behind us who basically told them off. Yay her! I wanted to kiss her.

People are such jacka$$es. Seriously.

Oh, and its not just planes. Its restaurants too. I got to listen to a bunch of my (childless by choices) coworkers bitch and moan about how children shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. WTF? If you want a fine dining experience, you shouldn't be in Red Robin in the first place.

MartiesMom2B
03-31-2009, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=bubbaray;2338588

Oh, and its not just planes. Its restaurants too. I got to listen to a bunch of my (childless by choices) coworkers bitch and moan about how children shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. WTF? If you want a fine dining experience, you shouldn't be in Red Robin in the first place.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious. We go to Red Robin because it's nice and loud and I feel like it caters to children.

happy2bamom
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
That's hilarious. We go to Red Robin because it's nice and loud and I feel like it caters to children.

That is what we do too! Actually on Valentine's Day we decided to go to RR for that very reason. I was shocked at how many childless couples chose to eat at RR on Valentines day. Seriously, if the kids weren't with us that evening, we would never have chosen to eat at RR.

HannaAddict
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
My own father was complaining about a two year old he saw at . . . drum roll please . . . Wendys!!!! I laughed and then told him he was a complete jerk, if he wants fine dining - don't go to a FAST FOOD restaurant. I really gave him an earful. I mean, come on, from someone who didn't pay his child support - it was too much. He is now an expert on parenting it seems.

ellies mom
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
People are such jacka$$es. Seriously.

Oh, and its not just planes. Its restaurants too. I got to listen to a bunch of my (childless by choices) coworkers bitch and moan about how children shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. WTF? If you want a fine dining experience, you shouldn't be in Red Robin in the first place.
And children movie matinees. My husband took our daughter to see Bolt a few months back. And this woman spent the entire movie shushing the kids in the audience at every sound. Why on earth would you expect a quiet movie going experience at a kid's movie during a matinee?

squimp
04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
People are idiots. I love the pre-emptive "don't kick my seat" when we first sit down. Makes *me* want to kick their seat. Or at least say "oh thanks, because actually I was going to have my daughter kick your seat at 13 second intervals for the whole dang flight".

I have said more than once to people on airplanes "Huh, I suppose you were never a child". Older ladies are the worst IMO!

kransden
04-01-2009, 01:00 AM
If the restuarant has a children's menu - expect children.

JTsMom
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM

:hysterical: What is wrong with people?!?!? I can see getting annoyed if a child is acting up and the parents don't even attempt to calm them down for an extended period of time, but when you're talking about typical kids being kids type of stuff, why does it bother people so much? They should be the ones who stay home, b/c clearly they can't cope in public places.

OP, if I had been on the plane, I would have gone off on that woman.

malphy
04-01-2009, 09:19 AM
I forgot to add that the woman said she would suggest I walk my daughter up and down the aisles, that is what she did with her son. Um, like the aisle is so wide, yeah, then we would be blocking the aisle.

And you mean you had a child and you still behaved like this? Yeah, I am sure your child was an angel.

While I didn't completely go off on her i did tell her off. My BIL did go off and they were afraid to move after that.

Seriously what is wrong with people? Don't go to kid-friendly places and then complain about the kids. Don't be cheap and go for early bird dinners and not expect to find families there.

just dont complain about kids being kids. (unless they are clearly not being paid attention to by their parents, that is a whole other issue)

ha98ed14
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I was waiting to board a flight at O'Hare a month or so ago, and heard a lady complaining to someone on her cell phone that there were so many kids in the boarding area.

Want to know where the plane was going? Orlando.

OK, THAT takes the cake. She must have a really low IQ or something. WTH?

Honestly, I hate flying with kids; mine or other people's. But you just gotta suck it up. I try to avoid it as much as possible by asking my friends and relatives to visit me and offering to help with the cost of the ticket. But yeah, I could not ask my sister to get married where I live, so I had to fly from LAX to MSP. DD was a year. We all survived. Sorry you had to deal with her. People are really dumb sometimes.