PDA

View Full Version : DH stop pouting and being such a baby

jacksmomtobe
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok so today (& the last few weeks in preparation) I busted my butt to plan & run a Pirate Themed party at the local community center for DS's 5th Birthday and tonight we come home (after the party & clean up @4:30) DH is pissed because there is no sourcream (well the date was 3/24) for him to have with the leftover Mexican food. He makes comments to me like you should be ashamed of yourself because he doesn't feel we have the right food or sometimes dinner is on the fly so it's nothing great. Sorry but I make a list when I go to the market. If you want something put it on the list. If you want something for dinner then give suggestions. I pretty much just let him pout but give me a break!! I worked so hard for this party. Can't you just grow up!! He has been such a nit picker lately. It's not like I have any time to myself. I have to go to the supermarket with at least 1 kid as we are watching money. Last time I had the Sitter stay longer so I could clean to give me some sanity he commented on how he was unhappy with the way the money was being spent. Hello there I can never get anything done on the weekends when you are around. We're no longer paying our monthly cleaning people. He probably spends the little money I pay our college student sitter on weekend beer! It must be nice to criticize someone else every mood. I am so mad right now!!!!

Thanks for listening.

niccig
03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I hear you. Pooey to your DH. The party sounds like it was fantastic. I bet DS loved it, even if your DH was a stick-in-the-mud. Sounds like he's really worried about finances and the economy and I do get that.

This is what I've told DH:
If I don't have what you want in the fridge, then YOU need to put it on the list. If you don't, and I don't get it. Tough. If you complain, then YOU get to go to the grocery store. DH NEVER goes to the grocery store, and he only cooks breakfast on the weekends. He complained once about dinner, and I told him if he could do better, go for it...you cook EVERY SINGLE DAY.....as he can only make scrambled eggs or pasta from a jar, he shut up. They've been some other complaints about house stuff, and I've handed him the mop and told him to go for it. Really, it's easier to complain than to get off your butt and do it yourself. I will say though, that the last few years have been better for us. We've worked out an OK split of household chores...but my cooking one stands...you don't cook, you don't get to complain....

Jacksonvol
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh my. First, congratulations for not slapping him upside the head. You have just returned from putting on a fabulous and elaborate birthday party for 5 year olds and he tells you you should be ashamed of yourself because there is no sour cream? Frankly, I have done things in my life I was ashamed of but none of them involved dinner preparation or failure to anticipate someone's need of condiments.

Again, good for you for not pelting him with a peg leg.

vejemom
04-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh, so THAT'S where DH has been hanging around! :) Just kidding, sympathy to you. DH and I had a heated discussion this weekend over the kind of tea in the house. We were having our new neighbors over for tea, and he thought that I should have been offering 5 different kinds of tea. And that the Brooks Bond Taj Mahal black tea I had on hand was "third world". NEver mind that I had made scones, fruit salad, and cookies. It must be some XY chromosome thing.

ha98ed14
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I totally hear you. Yesterday DH announces to me (in front of his mom who was over) that we are out of yogurt. The implication being that *I* did not go to TJ's and get the kind we regularly feed DD as our back up for when she won't eat anything else. This is as I was on my way out the door to go to class. There was nothing I could do at that moment. I was SO pissed inside, but I dod not want to argue in front of his mom. So I just did not respond. In my mind I was thinking, "You know what I have been doing for the past 4 days. You can drive a car and could go too, you know. I am not the only adult with a driver's lic and a car in this family."

Well, when I got back from class 3.5 hours later, Lo and Behold, he had gone to TJ's himself! He announces it so proudly like he deserves some kind of medal. I just said, "Oh, great! Thanks for doing that." I wasn't thinking that, but I said it anyway because he needed to hear it. Recognition and positive reinforcement. Supposedly it works with 2 y.o.'s too. ;)