PDA

View Full Version : I need a pick me up

Sugar Magnolia
03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Who wants to help me shop?

Lets just say dh made a not great situation ten million times worse. For me.

I am not pleased and told him I will be buying myself something nice. He agreed.

I don't know what I want. Normally I would want a dress (or 2) from J Crew. But I am pregnant.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!

jgenie
03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
The only thing I shopped for while I was pregnant was jewelry. ;) I gained so much weight during my pregnancy that I did not want to shop for clothes or shoes. Hope you find something nice. :)

DietCokeLover
03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Ooh, I think I'd splurge on a spa day... mani/ pedi/ massage/ facial. Have fun with whatever you decide.

Jenn850
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
I bought an absolutely silly big (in size and price:) powder puff and some beautiful powder to go with when I started feeling down about being huge wiyh my dd. It was actually nice to powder over the thick shea butter I was using for stretch mark prevention! I found it in a little boutique... the type that seem unique, but there is one similar in every city so my guess is that whereever you live you could find one.

MamaKath
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
How about a nice bag and all the accessories? A nice Vera Bradley ensemble with a wallet, bag, organizers, etc. maybe. Or a complete day off, spa, nails, hair, make-up. Or take some kind of class that you would enjoy, allowing dh some added time with the kids also. Have fun!!!

So what did he do??? ;)

fortato
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
I'll pick you up in the morning and we'll hit the outlets.

My husband has pissed me off today too...and I'm working on getting 4 Gymbucks...
So, I would love to help you shop.

Buy yourself a purse, a bunch of luxurious creams and stuff from Sephora, and a bunch of cool crap from Etsy.

gatorsmom
03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Hmmm, I'm thinking jewelry too. 10 million times worse you say? Yeah, definitely jewelry. Nice stuff. :)

Sugar Magnolia
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I think a spa day and maybe some new earrings!

For those wondering, dh is going out of town this weekend. He had the opportunity to stay home, but he would have had to "screw over" a friend. He called his dad for advice (against my advice) and his dad offered to come out to help me (baby measuring super small and I am supposed to be taking it "easy"). Dh thought it was a good idea, I thought it wouldn't be so bad. But then dh's mom called and said she bought tickets and would be coming instead of fil. MIL and I do not see eye to eye a lot. Lets just leave it at that.

Dh should have just gone on the trip and kept his parents out of it! He knows he screwed up.

Clarity
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
No way would my MIL be coming to my home if dh was not going to be there. Nope, no way, no how. Splurge BIG.

Jenn850
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
OK. That calls for jewelry AND a spa day. find a spa with a pregnancy table.. amazing to be on your belly!

jayali
04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I am thinking BIG SPARKLY jewelry.

Holy crap - you weren't kidding when you said a million times worse.

HGraceMom
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
A new bag, definitely. And absolutely a wallet to match.

I hate that I have an amazing LV bag, but a crappy store-brand wallet tucked inside.

My problem with spa days is that I come home to: laundry, dinner, laundry, bedtime, laundry...

stella
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh man! he did screw up! I'm thinking two nights in a luxurious hotel are in order for you. This weekend.

Pennylane
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
When I was pregnant and could not buy anything else I got a great D & B handbag and a pair of Ugg slippers. I still love them both.

Have fun!

Ann