PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody like Beck (the musician?)

DrSally
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
I like Beck, but only recently got into his later stuff. So, I checked out "Sea Change" and looove it. It's so melancholy and beautiful in it's sadness and pain. The lyrics are very thoughtful. I wouldn't say it's poetry, but it's a lot more thoughtful than a lot of what's out there. The whole album just hangs together very well too. Anyway, if you like depressing music, try this one! (I like his funky stuff too).

salsah
04-01-2009, 01:13 AM
i liked beck back when i was in high school and music was my life. i'm so out of the loop now that i didn't even now that beck is still around. i'll have to check out the newer stuff. thanks for the tip!

pinkmomagain
04-01-2009, 07:25 AM
I like his funky stuff, but I'll definitely check out this album. Thanks for the suggestion!

graciebellesmomma
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I love Beck!
I saw him live a few years back when
he did a private show in Hollywood as a sneak
preview for his album. It was a small, intimate show and
it rocked! He's got an amazing range of music.

elektra
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I really like Beck too but it has been a few years since I have listened to his music regularly. I'll have to get that back into rotation!
I saw Beck once. At the LA Auto show. He was looking at Toyotas. I just remember thinking, "shouldn't you only be interested in beat up old Mini's or something?" It was just a weird place to see him, you know? Not like at some independent coffee shop in a dark corner smoking a cigarette or something. :)

mommylamb
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I do! DH got me into him.

DrSally
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I love Beck!
I saw him live a few years back when
he did a private show in Hollywood as a sneak
preview for his album. It was a small, intimate show and
it rocked! He's got an amazing range of music.

Lucky you! He does have amazing range and talent.

DrSally
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I really like Beck too but it has been a few years since I have listened to his music regularly. I'll have to get that back into rotation!
I saw Beck once. At the LA Auto show. He was looking at Toyotas. I just remember thinking, "shouldn't you only be interested in beat up old Mini's or something?" It was just a weird place to see him, you know? Not like at some independent coffee shop in a dark corner smoking a cigarette or something. :)

That is funny, just seeing him doing something normal, like if you saw him at the grocery store buying cheerios :)

almostmom
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
LOVE beck. In college, in my 20's, and now in my 30's! His last few albums have been really great, though DH knows them better than I do. I love his creativity and heart and playfulness.

ThreeofUs
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
He's fantastic, absolutely, but I feel bad that I haven't heard a piece of music from him in 1.5 years.

Oh, wait. I haven't had much new music at all (besides Ruff Ruffman et al) since I got pg with DS2. *sigh*

DrSally
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I know. I'd really gotten out of listening to music for myself since DS was born and then got on a kick and checked a bunch of stuff out of the library. I listen to it when I'm in the car alone, but it's really not bad for kids either. So, I sneak it in if DS isn't begging for his music.