PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gone topless in public? (Mardi Gras, Nude Beach, etc.)

Corie
04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Just curious...

:)

(Bill, you don't count!)

Melaine
04-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Nope. Not unless you count skinny dipping at night with girls in highschool (I certainly don't count that). Corie, why are you asking???

calv
04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Nope. Not unless you count skinny dipping at night with girls in highschool (I certainly don't count that). Corie, why are you asking???

LMAO! Doesn't Corie ask teh wildest questions? ;P I can't say I've gone topeless. The most I show is while NIP.

Corie
04-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Corie, why are you asking???

Just a random thought that popped into my head...

Melaine
04-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Just curious if you were contemplating topless Easter parades or something.....

american_mama
04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Once when I was 21 and on a cliff in Europe were people were sunning themselves and hanging out on an unexpectedly nice day. I have to believe there were other women who had gone bare or else I never would have dared. It *was* a very daring thing for me.

boolady
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I've never even gone braless in public. There's just no way.

ETA: I don't have any objection to it. I just say there's no way because of what it would look like. Shudder.

MartiesMom2B
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah, I do it all the time. . . .not.

elliput
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes. At the Lido in Venice. :)

mommylamb
04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Yes, on the beach in the South of Spain. It was lots of fun.

billysmommy
04-01-2009, 09:41 AM
A few times in college....

It was always during Sti-yu-ka (our spring week). A couple friends and I had been partying and thought it would be a great idea to lay out topless so we wouldn't have tan lines :) and we thought it would be a great idea to do it on the green right outside Alumni (the all male dorm) :) It was 10am!!!!!

mommylamb
04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
a few times in college....

It was always during sti-yu-ka (our spring week). A couple friends and i had been partying and thought it would be a great idea to lay out topless so we wouldn't have tan lines :) and we thought it would be a great idea to do it on the green right outside alumni (the all male dorm) :) it was 10am!!!!!

:rotflmao:

So I don't know why I'm not getting that little laughing rolling guy, but that's what I meant to have here.

Octobermommy
04-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Can't say that I have and definitely wouldn't now due to the state of the girls but if/when I get them picked back up I might think about it. :innocent:

bubbaray
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Yes, on a topless beach in Cannes France. I would have been the only person with a top on, so I decided to do what the locals were doing.

BillK
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Just curious...

(Bill, you don't count!)

WTH?!?! :hysterical:

p.s. - this thread is hot.

TraciG
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, on a beach in Israel, for about 10 minutes only though !! It was enough to get a little sunburn there !

Twoboos
04-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Yep, while in the Greek Islands. I definitely would have been the only person w/a top on!

I was traveling w/a guy friend. I told him, "Let's get this over with. Have a look and move onto someone else's." (There's not much to see, so it was hardly worth a glance, anyway!!) :ROTFLMAO:

caleymama
04-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Nope. Not unless you count skinny dipping at night with girls in highschool (I certainly don't count that).

:yeahthat:

Just change college to high school.

Pennylane
04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
A few times in my 20's...Cancun, skinny dipping and on a few dares!

Ann

MontrealMum
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Yes. On the beach in the south of France. And skinnydipping in the Lake back home at night.

Might still do the skinnydipping since it's in the dark (well, moonlight), and with DH ;) but my topless days are probably over!

malphy
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, in greece. It felt strange to be the only one w/a top on. It was very comfortable and i thought nothing of it after the first few minutes.

I am no nudist but I have no qualms if someone sees me naked.

Big deal, there is no shame in the human body. Besides it is not like i have a model's body so nobody would be looking for that long.

Corie
04-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Okay, I admit it. I went topless one time to the Stop N Shop but
no one noticed since I was buying melons.

AnnieW625
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
gone braless before, the last time was Sunday when it was overcast and wearing a sweatshirt. I am small chested.

I did remove a strapless bra in a bar though as part of a bachelorette party thing. It wasn't that bad or hard to do.

almostmom
04-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Yup, lots of times! When I lived in California (SF area), we didn't go swimming with bathing suits! We camped a lot in the mountains, and always swam naked, with a group or just two of us. We also went to the nude beach in the city. Also went to hot spring places, both developed and not, where no one wears clothes. And Burningman. I love it! I truly miss it now that I live in the Northeast. My parents won't even let my kids run around their yard in their underpants because they worry about what the neighbors will think! (Of course, my parents don't know that I like being naked outside!) I find it so freeing, both in how it feels to be outside naked, and to be around others who are naked, to see that everyone is different, very few are perfect, and all the bodies are so beautiful! It honestly makes me feel SO much better about my own body. Last year on a trip out west without the kids, we went to one of the hotspring places we love, and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be back in that accepting and loving environment. To feel good, even great, about my body. I feel like it took a year off of my life.

These days I'm lucky if I even get to sleep naked, as it makes me a bit nervous with the kids. DH doesn't seem to have a problem with it though (meaning he sleeps naked every night)! I've actually been meaning to post the question as to whether people sleep naked now that they have kids. Maybe I was always the only one anyway...????

salsah
04-01-2009, 12:30 PM
yes, on a beach in nice, france . . . i was two years old.

if skinny dipping counts, then on occasion in high school / college. but i don't think that skinny dipping counts.

MMMommy
04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Never. I have a hard enough time changing in the women's locker room at the gym!

infomama
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Haven't but I would on the right European beach ;)
Mardi Gras..not in a million years.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
04-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Just curious...

(Bill, you don't count!)

Why wouldn't Bill count, I heard he has a nipple ring.

ThreeofUs
04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, on the beach in the South of Spain. It was lots of fun.

:yeahthat: Montevideo. Got a 2nd degree burn on the girls - blisters and everything - and never bared my top on the beach again.

Now, sunbathing in/on my own house - does that count?

JMS
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Yup, many times (beaches, skinny dipping, etc).. but it was all back in the good old days when I had great boobs and was pretty fearless... after 3 kids and countless months of breastfeeding, just the thought is mortifying.

graciebellesmomma
04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Yep. Nudie beach in Santa Cruz when I was a teenager, a few times.
Lots of times in hot tubs and hot springs in different places.
Not since I had my daughter at 37. Never say never, though.
It could happen again. They aren't exactly where I want them to be,
but who cares?

mamaoftwins
04-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Okay, I admit it. I went topless one time to the Stop N Shop but
no one noticed since I was buying melons.

:hysterical: Between this comment and the back and forth regarding Bill, this thread has me laughing out loud!!

I have never. I am not adverse to the idea, just have never found myself in the situation to do so.

luvmypeanut
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
On the beaches in Thailand. But I had a 23 yr old body. Ahhh, the good old days.

ilfaith
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
I've sunbathed topless in Greece and in the Caribbean. Like the others, I'd have been more conspicuous with a top ON. I did learn (the hard way) it is very important to apply plenty of sunscreen to those parts which seldom see the light of day.

I also earned my fair share of beads one Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It was actually the first trip DH and I took together while we were dating. I remember having this awful fear afterward that my dad would be on some web site looking at "Bob's trip to Mardi Gras" or whathaveyou and come across pictures of me flashing "the girls".

mommylamb
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Yup, lots of times! When I lived in California (SF area), we didn't go swimming with bathing suits! We camped a lot in the mountains, and always swam naked, with a group or just two of us. We also went to the nude beach in the city. Also went to hot spring places, both developed and not, where no one wears clothes. And Burningman. I love it! I truly miss it now that I live in the Northeast. My parents won't even let my kids run around their yard in their underpants because they worry about what the neighbors will think! (Of course, my parents don't know that I like being naked outside!) I find it so freeing, both in how it feels to be outside naked, and to be around others who are naked, to see that everyone is different, very few are perfect, and all the bodies are so beautiful! It honestly makes me feel SO much better about my own body. Last year on a trip out west without the kids, we went to one of the hotspring places we love, and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be back in that accepting and loving environment. To feel good, even great, about my body. I feel like it took a year off of my life.

Go You!!! :jammin:

Corie
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I also earned my fair share of beads one Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It was actually the first trip DH and I took together while we were dating. I remember having this awful fear afterward that my dad would be on some web site looking at "Bob's trip to Mardi Gras" or whathaveyou and come across pictures of me flashing "the girls".

My DH said that he would never take me to Mardi Gras! He knows that I
would want those beads and start flashing. I'd probably end up on
"Mardi Gras: Moms Gone Wild".

billysmommy
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
My DH said that he would never take me to Mardi Gras! He knows that I
would want those beads and start flashing. I'd probably end up on
"Mardi Gras: Moms Gone Wild".

How about a non-Dh, non-kids trip to Mardi Gras :)

AngelaS
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Oooh, I'm a lot of fun after a Hurricane. :D

HallsofVA
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, in greece. It felt strange to be the only one w/a top on. It was very comfortable and i thought nothing of it after the first few minutes.

I am no nudist but I have no qualms if someone sees me naked.

Big deal, there is no shame in the human body. Besides it is not like i have a model's body so nobody would be looking for that long.

:yeahthat:
I spent a summer in Greece and had the best upper body tan in my life!

vludmilla
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
No and I don't think I could easily do it. Maybe, maybe, maybe if I were to relocate to a European country where it is more commonplace but perhaps not even then. I'm pretty modest, I guess.

Corie
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Now that would be seriously fun & crazy!!! :)

dcmom2b3
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM

I'm in.

I'd have to hand out microscopes so that folks can actually see aunt thelma and aunt louise, but I'll try to add to my bead collection, sure.

I have a rule that I only to show the aunties when it's culturally appropriate. For example, caribbean or european beaches, gay club on New Year's Eve . . .

MontrealMum
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM
...on New Year's Eve . . .
New Year's Eve??? :)

lizajane
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
yep. in france. and in italy on my honeymoon when DH and i were the only ones on the beach. and in south beach, miami.

kijip
04-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I have gone skinny dipping in mixed groups before but we got dressed (covered?) right away after getting out. Living in Seattle and skinny dipping in Lake Washington means getting dry before the hypothermia sets in. It is not a sunny warm local with sunshine to dry us off. I have never gone topless in public out of that context.

I do NIP, but that is more discreet than many a woman's cleavage.

Wife_and_mommy
04-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I am way too modest to even consider. I don't care what those around me are doing or where we are....

NIP is the closest I've come and I bared more skin as a teenager than I did NIP so doesn't really count IMO.

DrSally
04-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Bfing in public is the closest I've gotten, and that really doesn't count b/c I don't really show anything!