PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Puzzle the Dog Won't Eat

sste
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Our dog is on a "Melissa and Doug" wood puzzle diet these days. The thing is I can kind of see how the compressed sawdust stuff the puzzle pieces are made of are the ultimate chew toy. Are there any puzzles that are made of harder wood pieces? Or nice quality plastic puzzles? Our son is 17 months so we are looking for simple puzzles.

rlu
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't have a suggestion for you, except maybe do a shape sorter instead since the one we had was plastic.

At the local craft fairs you may find real wood puzzles (unless they are prohibited due to the lead law that went into effect recently).

I had to respond to your post though since it made me laugh. When our dogs were pups they destroyed a couch and my old StarTac cell phone had puppy bite marks on it. Thanks for the smile.

jren
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
My dog was SO jealous when DD came home, he still eats her toys 5 years later. Whole arms off Barbie! The wooden puzzles were a fave for him, too. I just had to keep everything off the floor. Now I have a playroom with a gate to keep the dog OUT.

Funny, though, he never eats DS's toys (the baby). Maybe b/c he's not threatened with DS since nothing really changed. I guess he will always veiw DD as the one who stole his mommy's love!

sste
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks everyone. What I have learned is that if you have a M&D "sounds" farm puzzle and your dog eats the rooster piece, then the puzzle will "crow" on its own several times a day . . . or night.

Our dog will actually leave all other baby toys alone, its something about Melissa and Doug he finds irresistable . . .