PDA

View Full Version : Uppa Baby Vista Color choices.....Mica?

barkley1
04-01-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm trying to decide between the green (Carlin) and the silver (Mica) for a boy. I like the silver, but in MOST of the pics, it looks almost white - which seems to me would get reallllllly dirty.

Anyone have the Vista in Mica? Is it more Gray? How does it do w/ dirt, etc.? Thanks so much for any insight for this first-time mama!!

:)

AnnieW625
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd go with the Carlin only because like you said the silver color looks almost white and it looks like it would be dirty. I have a 2007 which is black and gray and it's nice; I don't mind that it's dark and I thought I really would. I didn't have much choice though since my budget for the stroller was used off of Craigslist (I paid $400; since all of the 08s were gone already and $500 was my max budget) and there weren't many available at all in my area. I think the 2009 dark one is all black though. I am also a sucker for red strollers and it looks good for both sexes in case you end up having more kids.

edurnemk
04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I saw all the fabrics IRL at the store where I got mine, and I think the gray was pretty light. The fabrics are washable, but I wouldn't want to have to wash them too often. I got the red (Denny) and I love it, however I've had the Bundle me over it for months and months now!

If budget is not a problem, you could always get another fabric set later on if you grow tired of the one you pick now. Check the website for the colors they sell as separate sets.

BayGirl2
04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I just bought a Vista in Carlin (green) last week. The store I went to had fabric samples of all the colors. Mica is more silvery/light grey than white. I wasn't too worried about it getting dirty fast, it seems dark enough to me.

I could have gone either way, but ended up chosing the green because its my husband's favorite color. I do like that shade of green, its more pale than the neon greens I've seen in other brands.

ebjw
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Funny, I ordered Carlin and ended up with a green (Carlin) seat and silver (Mica) bassinet!! So I have the best of both worlds... I LOVE the silver, and it hasn't gotten dirty at all. I'd almost say it's a bluish silver in some light, and it's not too light. Somehow UPPAbaby made this mistake when packaging, and I'm so glad they did (Mica was my second choice to Carlin anyways:)