PDA

View Full Version : I need to move on from P3 - Jogging stroller or lightweight?

sfmom
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
For a while now I've had this urge (you know what I'm talking about...), to move on from my existing stroller. We currently have a Peg P3 (we had the travel system), which I was OK with. I'm DD is now 15 mnths old and I want to get something else. So here it goes

Jogging stroller (like Bob) or Light weight (like Mac)? - I don't really jog, but I do walk outside a fair amount with DD. I used to do that quite comfortably with the Peg. Can I do that with the light weight?

If light weight, which? I was thinking of the Mac Triumph (it's mid-priced, and I don't think we need anything too loaded), but I'm not sure about the model, plus I have a friend who said that Silver Cross was comparable to the Mac, just less expensive.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. -- I feel like I'm having this urge with all the gear -- the highchair, the toys. Is it just me, or is this a common, but unspoken of, phenomenon?

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
My friends with a P3 moved up to a BOB for outdoor walking. They love it. Macs are not good "outdoor walking" strollers IMO.

Yes, it is FINE to move up and onto new things you learn/read about. I've found that especially if you plan on having more, you'll use them anyway. For example, we got Stokke chairs for the "after the PP highchair" stage. They get constant use. Upgrading is half the fun!

zag95
04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a Mac Quest- which we love. It is really great for those trips to malls, stores, etc. Not so good for rougher pavement, roads, which is why I am looking at a ATV type stroller (BJCC??) as a walking/zoo trip alternative.

I would not recommend hanging a bag off the MAC as it is tippy- typically I wear a small diaper bag, to avoid tipping.

As far as the Cortina or others that you are looking at- can you go and try them with your DC and see if they will work? MACs are nice because there isn't a "tray" or belly bar or whatever they call them- so they work for larger kids- not sure how some strollers, such as the Cortina, would work.

Good luck!