PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Quest - opinions

janine
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Thinking of picking up the Mac Quest as a 2nd stroller. We have the Bugaboo already, but it is too bulky for getting in and out of the car.

Are moms with this stroller happy with it? I'm considering the scarlet/black one for a little girl.

thanks

lorinick
04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
We love it and use it all the time. We also have a Metro Lite and BJCM. But the Mac is my fav for quick trips and errands.

ckreverse
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
We have a Bugaboo Cam as well and decided that we wanted a lighter stroller for quick trips, mall, and travel.

Just bought a 2008 Quest via ebay. We got a charcoal/orange for our baby girl. Haven't used it yet since the baby is still a too young. But took it out of the box and tested it without the baby. It's definitely a lot lighter, really easy to steer, and looks awesome.

purpelina
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Another vote for Maclaren's excellence! You will be very happy with it. Also, depending on how old you baby is, and how much recline s/he needs for rest and napping, you can get a Mac triumph.

BTW, there is a baby boutique in our area, that only sells high end strollers. Think bugaboo, mutsy, stokke, teutonia etc. The ONLY lightweight stroller they offer is a Maclaren.
And I see it all the time: with the child about 9 mo (or older) parents come in looking for something smaller/lighter and buy a Mac. Very popular choice.

pb&j
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I love ours. Though, once the baby is sitting up better, I'll probably trade it in for a Volo. I like to travel light - the lighter the better. But the Quest is great - small fold, very lightweight, one-handed steering. The recline is nice for younger babies, but since neither of my kids nap in the stroller, doesn't do me much good once they are old enough to not need the recline any more.

janine
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks! My baby is 6 months old, so I wanted to get the recline for her in case she nods off. Only thing is I'm going to miss not haiving her face me!

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
We think the Triumph is a good Cameleon complement. Light, carry strap, but still with a recline. We also love the Mac Universal Organizer on the back. Love it.

jenny
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
If your child is only 6 months, I would get the Quest over the Triumph b/c of the deeper recline and the extended foot rest.

I have the 2008 Quest in Turkish blue and it is a breeze to steer.

AnnieW625
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
We have a Triumph and got it at 3 mos. for DD. She didn't start sleeping in it until she was probably almost a year old so the recline thing didn't bother me and the stroller can be used at 3 mos. However I often wish I would've gotten the Quest instead, but I have been very happy with my Triumph.

codex57
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
The 2008 Quest has a carry strap too. I prefer it over the Triumph for the deeper recline and extended foot rest like jenny.

That said, remember that you're not gonna be able to hang as much stuff off of it as the Cam. Particularly if your kid leaves the seat.

craezie
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I wish I would never have gotten the fancy, expensive baby stroller because all I ever want to use is my Mac! Buy it, you won't regret it.

And if there is anyone out there who hasn't bought strollers yet, just get a snap and go and a Maclaren Triumph. Unless you jog or something these two things are really all you need for easy errands and travel the first 2 years of your baby's life.