PDA

View Full Version : UGH, just my luck! Swingset rant!

hellokitty
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm so pissed. We have a ChildLife swing set system, got it only two yrs ago. We bought one that could, "grow" with our kids. Well, we got the firechief and were looking into expanding it this yr, b/c we wanted a set that was not too tall for our little kids. Now my oldest is five and is ready for a bigger boy stuff. Come to find out yesterday while I was online that ChildLife no longer exisits!!! OMG, I'm furious! $2500+ down the drain! We also spent thousands of dollars also building up a flat area in our backyard and made it BIG, b/c we were planning to add monkey bars and a taller fort and longer slide to it when our kids were ready, we did it to plan ahead and now we are eating it. I'm furious! Now, WTF are we supposed to do? It is not compatible with any other sets, b/c it is so different looking, if we add on to it on our own, it's going to look ghetto looking. I went with ChildLife, b/c it had a good reputation and also had been in business for decades! GRRRRR! I researched sets forever and now I think I would have been better off just getting the set from Sam's Club and saving a bunch of $ and grief. My DH and I are fuming over this. We called the company that owned ChildLife (Expedition Sports) and they said they are still going to continue granting warranties, BUT they have no clue how they are going to do it?!?!?! :thumbsdown:

malphy
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
That stinks!

did you try checking w/swingset dealers. They may have some of the accessories still on hand. Even if they are not that close to you it may be worth a trip after all the work you have done.

sorry this happened to you.

malphy
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
i just received the BJ's coupon book for this month and they have a swingset that sounds like yours. It is splinter free covered lumber. It is called Kidwise Monkey Play. Maybe you can get their accessories or add-ons or whatver, to match your set.

I don't know much about swingsets so forgive me if i am mistaken.