PDA

View Full Version : The big V appointment

nellonello
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
So DH comes home to let me know that he has scheduled an appointment with the urologist to discuss having a vasectomy. The thing is, we have joked a bit about having a 3rd child and I am so not on board with him going through with this at this time. He should have at least discussed this with me before making an appointment!

MamaKath
04-01-2009, 08:34 PM
GO WITH HIM!!! Biggest mistake on that road was not going with dh to the consultation. And then push for counseling if you need it. DH ended up scheduling it, going through with it, and our marriage nearly fell apart. We are now at a point where we are really recommitted to our marriage and our future, but it really put alot of hurt/damage where it didn't need to be. And the odds of reversal working, etc are also difficult to face.

turtledove
04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
GO WITH HIM!!! ... and our marriage nearly fell apart. We are now at a point where we are really recommitted to our marriage and our future, but it really put alot of hurt/damage where it didn't need to be.

Yes to this! My MIL still hasn't forgiven my FIL for this and it happend 25+ years ago.

nellonello
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the advise. Our appt. is in an hour and I have convinced DH that I need to attend.

elephantmeg
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
good luck!

turtledove
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Good luck!