PDA

View Full Version : need some pep talk...

newbiemom
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Nursing is coming to an end for me - and this is probably my last child. I'm sad on two fronts - that nursing is coming to an end (and this last one has been a dream to nurse) and right now, I'm mainly sad that my boobs are going to shrink. I'm not big to begin with - let's just say that even with nursing, I'm a full A cup. So once I stop, it'll be all gone. Based on past experience, I become even smaller than I was before all of this started.
I'm pretty bummed about it and am just looking for some cheer...
and telling myself that it's all part of motherhood, etc stuff like that doesn't cheer me up.
And yes, I do realized I'm being a bit shallow.

deenass
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
You are NOT shallow - of course you are sad and you are allowed to mourn the loss of your nursing relationship (even if YOU are the one who wants it to end!) It's a connection to a very special person that only you have-that's a lot to give up, especially when you know you will never do it again.

lizajane
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
i told my DH that i was just going to keep pumping forever so i could keep the boobs. i went from an A to a C.

i SO hear ya, mama.

hang in there.

newbiemom
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
i told my DH that i was just going to keep pumping forever so i could keep the boobs. i went from an A to a C.

i SO hear ya, mama.

hang in there.

LOL!!
I hate pumping...could I somehow rent my boobs out - be like one of those old time women who would nurse others' babies? what were those women called again?!

turtledove
04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
LOL!!
I hate pumping...could I somehow rent my boobs out - be like one of those old time women who would nurse others' babies? what were those women called again?!

A wet nurse