PDA

View Full Version : What happens at your twins club/ group?

BeachBum
04-02-2009, 07:55 AM
There isn't a twins club group in my small town. I'm thinking of starting one. But I don't know what we should do there. Is it just a mingle? Is there an agenda? Is there a topic discussion with questions as jumping off points? Do the kids come, like a playgroup?

What happens at yours?

bonbon98
04-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Good for you!! I belong to a multiples group, but we are not associated with National (nomotc.org). Our group is pretty casual, but we do have by-laws, dues, etc. I'm not as active as I used to be since my kids are older and in school.

Our year runs the same as the schools (September-June) where we have a planned speaker/activity at the monthly meeting (we have had CPR refresher courses, craft night, Q&A between new moms and the "experienced" moms, fitness & health seminar, etc). June, July, and August are our "planning" months where we lay out the plans for the next year.

Our meetings are in the evening, moms only. We also plan a Mom's Night Out once a month, 3 club-sponsored parties every year, an end of the year dinner, and a few club-wide playdates. A lot of the moms with kids the same age also plan playdates together. We also hold 2 Mom-2-Mom sales so we can get rid of clothes and equipment that we've outgrown.

Let me know if you need more information. Good luck!!

caheinz
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
All sorts of different things, from playgroups, picnics and outings, to getting in speakers about any and everything of interest.

Seems like the most active members are those whose twins are at least a few years old. I haven't been to a meeting since the twins were born, and no one seems to think anything of it. (I went to several of the "stork moms" subgroup meetings while expecting.) ("Stork moms" is for moms expecting multiples, or with multiples under 1 year of age.)