PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for newborn & toddler that'll hold a Keyfit

confusednewbie
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry but I did a search and SO many pages came up and a lot of the information on the ones I did look I wasn't able to understand. Names of strollers abbreviated mostly and so I was more confused.

I want a back to back double that will hold my older keyfit and my 2 1/2 year old.

I like the double sit n stand and there's one at Target, a Mesa, I think, does anyone know if either will hold the keyfit infant seat?

I saw somewhere that Chicco might be coming out with their version of the sit n stand, is this fiction?

I've seen posts about a Vista, but have no idea what that is.

I also saw suggestions about a Joovy- is this a brand?

Thank you so much for all information

huskermama77
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I was on the exact same search as you. There are very few double strollers that fit the Chicco car seat. Based on my research my only choices for a tandem were the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller, Joovy Caboose, Joovy Caboose Ultralight and Joovy Ergo Caboose. I know things are changing all the time so maybe there are new options out there. I really didn't like the Kolcraft (hard to fold and wouldn't last as they grow). The Joovy Caboose & Joovy Caboose Ultralight do not have room for your older child to sit when the car seat is in place (they have to stand) which I didn't think my 2 1/2 year old was really up for doing all the time yet. The Joovy Ergo Caboose allows the older child to sit in the main seat while the car seat goes where the jump seat is, but this is brand new so there aren't really many reviews and I don't think it is available until at least end of April. I went to the high end stroller store and they pretty much told me I was out of luck with the Chicco car seat and suggested trying to trade it for a Graco. They said I could do the Bumbleride Indie Twin if I was willing to do side by side, but I had heard some bad things about the quality of their strollers. Then they went on to talk about how it isn't good to leave babies in car seats for extended periods of time (which I know is true), but it is handy for quick errands. Sorry if this is going on. In the end, I gave up and ordered a Baby Jogger City Classic Double Stroller as my infant is now 8 months old, won't be in a car seat much longer and it is getting warmer out. Hope this was of some help and I don't think I used any abbreviations :wink2:. Good luck in your search!!

confusednewbie
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
So you didn't use a stroller with the keyfit?

KrisM
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I mostly use my snap n go and the 2.5 year old walks. If we're going longer, I use my Baby Jogger and no one in a carseat. Or wear the baby and use an umbrella stroller for DD. I did just get a Joovy Caboose and my DD can sort of sit with the carseat in, but she's leaned over.

kep
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
We are using a 2008 Aria Twin 60/40 that we love! The Keyfit fits perfectly in the larger seat, and leaves plenty of room for my two year old. The Aria doesn't "officially" accept the Keyfit, but it seats nicely and completely into the seat area. Very safe. The canopies of the car seat and the stroller overlap slightly when the car seat handle is down, allowing me to almost completely enclose the baby. Nice for when the baby is little. The Aria does not work well as an all-terrain stroller, but as an errand/mall stroller it is fabulous.

huskermama77
04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I have a Chicco Ct0.1 Stroller that I would use with the car seat and just hold on to my older son's hand. Now that I have my new Baby Jogger City Classic Double (BJCCD) stroller I will just take my younger son out of the car seat for longer ventures and put him in there. It is so annoying. If I would have known at the time that the Chicco car seat wasn't compatible with most double strollers I probably wouldn't have gotten it.:rolleye0014:

I would say forget finding a double that will fit the car seat as I think you won't like it for the long run. As KrisM said, use a snap n go & have the 2.5 yr old walk or use a carrier & a stroller for the 2.5 yr old for quick trips and get a double stroller for longer trips & take the baby out of the car seat.

ZeeBaby
04-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Is there a side by side stroller that holds the keyfit 30? Even any of the Chicco doubles?

huskermama77
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
The only one I know of is the Bumbleride Indie Twin (no Chicco).